Talk

Advanced search

39+4 tips to bring on labour

(22 Posts)
overduemamma Tue 21-Feb-17 21:34:04

I know a lot of people will say baby will come when ready but I've been on the ball, had pineapple, had long walks and these don't seem to have done anything. Other half won't have sex as it's not right apparently. I'm so fed up, I've had a horrible pregnancy and just want to go back to feeling normal again. Any advice?! X

Bluebellevergreen Tue 21-Feb-17 21:35:42

I feel your pain. Let me know if you find a way because I am 41+1 and no signs of labour

ExpectoPatronummmm Tue 21-Feb-17 22:17:25

Last week my friend went for reflexology and had the baby hours later?

I would just enjoy your last few days of uninterrupted sleep. Or being able to leave the house without it being a pan in the arse.

Good luck for the big day

Boomies Tue 21-Feb-17 22:21:48

A really aggressive sweep? I tried EVERY wives tale (all on the same day and after a sweep!😂) and got no more than a few hours of contractions that then died off, eventually sweep no 4 at 41+2 did the trick and baby arrived on 41+4. Good luck!

overduemamma Tue 21-Feb-17 23:09:31

I may have to look into the reflexology. I have a sweep booked in for Friday then Monday. I wanted to avoid them if poss and deco want to avoid induction. No rest for me as i have a 2 year old lol. X

crazypenguinlady Tue 21-Feb-17 23:16:39

I'm due tomorrow. Sweep booked for Monday if the baby doesn't arrive before that. I may give nipple stimulation a try tomorrow though, just to see if it does anything.

overduemamma Wed 22-Feb-17 07:52:34

I tried that also... how long are you meant to try these things for? I never wanted to bring myself on with my first baby and he come on his due date anyway but I just want this baby out now. I've woke up a little damp this morning so I'm hoping that's a sign. X

Frazzled2207 Wed 22-Feb-17 08:11:46

I think a brisk walk brought it along for me, but in both cases I was overdue so I reckon I might have brought it forward a bit, but essentially the dc was ready to come both times.
I enjoyed eating lots of fresh pineapple though.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Wed 22-Feb-17 08:13:59

A good vacuuming of the house worked for me more than once!!

overduemamma Wed 22-Feb-17 12:22:20

I've been for a walk and a kick about with the little un so let's see if that does anything.. if not I'm
Giving up x

Bluebellevergreen Wed 22-Feb-17 12:24:07

Or being able to leave the house without it being a pan in the arse. -
Wouldnt this be great huh hmm
Instead of being hpuse bound for 8 weeks due to severe PGP.

But hey sure, people that are not going through it always see "positives"

Not helpfulhmm

Bluebellevergreen Wed 22-Feb-17 12:24:59

40+9 here and no signs.
Just accepting that it doesnt happen for some people

overduemamma Wed 22-Feb-17 16:15:31

I have been for another walk so we shall see if anything happens over the next few hours. My pelvis is feeling very sore. If this doesn't work then I give up x

divadee Wed 22-Feb-17 19:37:15

Book an event that's non refundable. Almost guaranteed to get baby out.

I tried everything. Nothing seemed of work. I nipple twiddled for hours, bounced to the moon and back on the ball. Had sex. Had numerous spicy hot foods. Nothing worked. Waters broke after I had a good night's sleep and a couple of days of doing nothing.

overduemamma Fri 24-Feb-17 14:10:48

So I had sex lastnight and an hour later I started with contractions. They lasted about 2 1/2 hours. Had a few niggles this morning before my sweep and after my sweep but that's it so far. Midwife said my cervix is very soft and stretchy and that I am already 2cm. Fingers crossed something happens tonight on my due date smile x

Frazzled2207 Fri 24-Feb-17 14:37:37

Oooh things heading in the right direction then! Good luck

overduemamma Sat 25-Feb-17 05:10:03

Ahhhh how can everything be good to go and then everything just stops?!? No pains nothing angry midwife really thought the sweep would of worked yesterday..

catinbooots Sat 25-Feb-17 05:33:00

Walk sideways up and down the stairs

catinbooots Sat 04-Mar-17 16:04:40

Is baby here yet???

overduemamma Tue 07-Mar-17 00:32:01

Hey ladies.

So baby girl arrived on Sunday 26th x

OnlyTheDepthVaries Tue 07-Mar-17 20:58:30

Congratulations!!!!

overduemamma Wed 08-Mar-17 17:18:58

Thank you very much.. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now