Talk

Advanced search

Transverse lie

(5 Posts)
mum1991 Sat 18-Feb-17 19:29:56

I am currently 34 weeks and baby is transverse lie and midwife doesn't seem to think baby will move before birth because it's so big and not much room left. Anyone any natural tips to get baby to engage? I really don't want a c section as I've already got a child at home X

bobbis Sat 18-Feb-17 19:33:17

I was panicking about this too, just over 34 weeks and the baby seem to turn overnight this week. Try spinningbabies.com, I tried a few of the exercises on there daily...not sure if it was a coincidence but worth a try

mum1991 Mon 06-Mar-17 18:40:24

Still no luck 36+2 now got a scan in a few days to see if baby has turned but had midwife today and she said it still feels transverse. I am measuring 43 weeks as well. Really don't want a c section 😢

Idefix Mon 06-Mar-17 18:52:13

Mum sorry your baby has not moved. This happened to my dsis, during the section they found she had a bicornate uterus.

The positives of a planned section is that generally recovery is fairly uncomplicated and much better than a emergency section, I have had both.

How old is your other child?

mum1991 Mon 06-Mar-17 23:08:46

I'm still hoping that baby turns but with me measuring so big it might be that baby is just simply too big now to move into position. My boy is 8, big age gap so he's feeling already a little jealous, if I have to stay away from him I'm scared it would make him feel worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now