Talk

Advanced search

The Bounty treatment

(18 Posts)
Ladybird1979 Mon 13-Feb-17 14:31:01

Anyone else find the Bounty treatment post birth really intrusive?

savagehk Mon 13-Feb-17 14:34:05

What do you mean by 'treatment'? I find Bounty offensive generally and I do not think that they should be allowed on the ward, if that's what you mean.

Boofeckinghoo Mon 13-Feb-17 14:36:14

Bounty are shite full stop.

I didn't realise they weren't part of the NHS until I read on here. I was constantly badgered to sign up when I was struggling after birth.
They shouldn't be allowed in hospitals.

Ladybird1979 Mon 13-Feb-17 14:39:25

Sorry should have explained. Got pushed off delivery suite literally half hr after giving birth cos it was busy. Hadn't really got my marbles from birth before the lady was there taking pics trying to sell me some £200 photo package and taking my marketing details.

Was still in shell shock from birth and found it all a bit much

Gardencentregroupie Mon 13-Feb-17 14:39:34

I think I was quite rude to the Bounty person after I had DD. Trying to flog shite to me after I had had a 36 hour labour, no sleep for 3 nights and a major tear requiring what was effectively a minor surgery to repair, while I sat bleeding and in pain in my nightie, is fairly fucking inexcusable.

ImYourMama Mon 13-Feb-17 14:50:11

The bounty lady pushed her way behind my curtains then said to me 'oh your babies in nicu so you won't need one'. Talk about a kicking while you're down. Should not be allowed

savagehk Mon 13-Feb-17 14:59:40

I was expecting her and luckily was in a state to just say 'no' as soon as I saw her. From another poster on another thread I'm stealing the 'tell the Bounty lady to sod off' as part of my birth plan this time.

AbbeyRoadCrossing Mon 13-Feb-17 15:03:01

2nd time I put 'no marketing, sales or bounty'. They still came in 3 times angry

annlee3817 Mon 13-Feb-17 15:04:03

I was pre-warned thankfully, but they pounced within 3 hours of me giving birth, I just told them that my Dad was a photographer and that I wanted him to be the first to take pictures of my baby. She couldn't argue with that and went off to annoy the next poor woman.

BreatheDeep Mon 13-Feb-17 15:06:43

I really don't understand why they are allowed on the ward. I want them to be banned. How is it right they are allowed to convince exhausted women to spend a lot of money at a vulnerable time?

savagehk Mon 13-Feb-17 15:10:46

There have been petitions about this in the past, but it seems going to the wrong places - Parliament said it's not their problem basically: petition.parliament.uk/archived/petitions/49057

HandbagFan Mon 13-Feb-17 16:53:55

I told the nurse not to let them in once the day after the birth. They came back a day later, into my private room, without being asked, while is as naked and alone with my baby. I may have told her what I thought of her!

dontstopmovin Mon 13-Feb-17 19:23:53

I find it really intrusive, I was sat crying on my bed with the curtains clipped shut while hooked up to a pump expressing for my premature DS who was in SCBU. The bounty rep just unclipped the curtains and walked in, she asked where my baby was and I told her he was in SCBU, she left the bags of freebies and said I could fill out the forms once I'd finished expressing (how kind of her) then waltzed out leaving the curtains wide open so everyone could see me having to unhook my machine and go and close the curtains. My head was a mess at the time and she was the least of my worries, but looking back I should have complained. angry Needless to say I didn't fill in the forms but gave DH the freebies to take home! If I'm ever lucky enough to have another baby I'll be telling the bounty rep where to go!

TellMeItsNotTrue Mon 13-Feb-17 19:27:50

I think it does depend who you get, but I bet the nice gentle ones don't last long because they won't make enough commission sad

It shouldn't be allowed, it's no better than ambulance chasers hassling you at your bedside but they aren't allowed in are they, there aren't even supposed to be any posters or leaflets from them anywhere, they were banned from putting them up a few years ago

Get you while you are vulnerable, with something that's going to be hard to turn down when you are able to think straight, and just when you need the cash yourself the most!

SnugglySnerd Mon 13-Feb-17 19:28:32

Thanks for the reminder, I'm due in a few weeks and I must remember to tell DH to give the Bounty lady her marching orders.
Last time round I told her I wasn't interested only for her to pounce on DH while the midwife was examining my stiches. I could here him through the curtains giving her our details and I had to shout for him not to tell her!

WindwardCircle Mon 13-Feb-17 19:29:45

I managed to completely avoid the Bounty rep by giving birth at Christmas, but that's not really a valid option for everyone grin .

katiegg Mon 13-Feb-17 19:39:42

Agree that bounty reps shouldn't be allowed on the post natal wards. I avoided them the first time around, I was very ill and one of the midwives told them to stay away from me. Second time around, ds had been taken to the neonatal unit and I was feeling very fragile. Bounty lady was lovely though, she came over to chat and asked about ds but didn't try to sell me anything or get my details.

imisschocolate Mon 13-Feb-17 20:04:04

I had them come in each day. (3 days) first day i said i had signed up online already and she just handed the freebies to me and left. Other days just stuck her head in to see if it was same person.

I was totally prepared to tell them off for taking advantage of vulnerable people but didn't try to sell anything to me or anyone else on the ward.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now