Talk

Advanced search

clitoral tear

(17 Posts)
deepestblue Sat 11-Feb-17 17:59:57

i didn't even know this was a thing. gave birth 2 days ago and was told i have torn my labia and clitoris. i know it's early days but ive had a look in the mirror and it looks like i don't even have one anymore sad has anyone else had experience with this?

pinguina16 Sat 11-Feb-17 21:46:33

No, although not convinced and so will be following closely.

One consequence of the traumatic birth I had is that the lump I called my clitoris has disappeared. After repeatedly asking why that was and getting no answer, I gave up.
1 GP, 2 physios and 3 gynaecologists said everything appears normal. None could account for the loss of my little lump. The top urogynaecologist I saw said that clitoris tears are very rare (if I remember correctly I think she said she saw 2 in 20 years).
The function is pretty much the same as before. A little less intense perhaps.

Chattermummy Sat 11-Feb-17 22:27:52

With DC1 I had an epesiotomy then tore up towards my clitoris and down my perineum (sorry have lost ability to spell) so had a three way split hmm. Not sure if it was classed as a full clitoral tear though. Front tear was bloody sore but I had forgotten all about it till I read your post. DC1 is 10 now and I didn't have a front tear with DC2.

Haudyerwheesht Sat 11-Feb-17 22:36:17

I tore across my clitoris with dc2 . It was stitched and was / is fine.

smellsofelderberries Sun 12-Feb-17 09:22:54

I haven't but I am so so sorry that happened to you. I had a graze at the front and that was excruciating. Are you breastfeeding? Try and learn to feed lying down to take the weight off. I assume they stitched you? They threw a stitch in my graze (why the fuck they did that I'll never know, was bloody agony), and just before it came out, it righted up and was really sore. So, if in about 10 days time it feels like things are getting worse, that could be what it is.
Make sure you have a decent amount of knicker free time (lying on a towel!) and give yourself a little (cool) blast with a hairdryer when out of the shower or bath.

ArriettyClock1 Sun 12-Feb-17 09:25:30

Wincing!

I had a clitoral tear, amongst all the others and episiotomy.

TBH, it was the least bad bit and healed up perfectly.

deepestblue Sun 12-Feb-17 17:16:48

thanks for all your replies. hopefully it will heal better! i had stitches, not sure how many but she was down there for ages hmm

Missbohan Sun 12-Feb-17 17:20:09

Ice and moist warm wash clothes - alternate. Will promote healing and soften the stitches x

PollytheDolly Sun 12-Feb-17 17:22:26

Gosh I'm crossing my legs here reading these. Hope you heal soon and everything's ok flowers

ShouldIBuyOrShouldIGo Mon 13-Feb-17 20:44:18

I had a cliteral tear with DS1, stitched and sorted though no bother. No tear with DD.

Missbohan Tue 14-Feb-17 00:26:29

Those who have had tears: sorry if this is a dim question but i am trying for my first baby this year and scared shitless about this. Do you loose any actual tissue? How do you know you won't get any uuuum nerve damage when they stitch you up around your clitoris or labia? Sorry if this is a thick question i am just nervous - very nervous!

Missbohan Tue 14-Feb-17 00:36:40

Ps i know about ice and warm wash cloths from a cousin but not from my own experience obviously

deepestblue Wed 15-Feb-17 18:58:22

that's what i'm worried about sad hoping i still have some feeling left!

Sugarlumps333 Wed 15-Feb-17 19:38:04

Yep - pretty scary. One if my friends had a labiaplasty and she seems fine after that so hopefully this will be the same?!

boolifooli Wed 15-Feb-17 19:42:48

I had a clitoral tear some 27 years ago. Not a small one either. All good in the 'hood here wink

cornflakes91 Wed 15-Feb-17 20:36:31

With my first I ended up having an intact perineum but tore upwards, through one of my labia and right up and through the hood of my clitoris, was extremely sore but it healed up ok. I can still feel the scar tissue where it healed but no loss of feeling.

Sugarlumps333 Wed 15-Feb-17 21:20:54

Thanks cornflakes x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now