Talk

Advanced search

3C Tear?

(4 Posts)
IncyWincySpiderOnRepeat Thu 09-Feb-17 21:07:59

How long did you take to recover? Did you eventually go back to feeling completely normal??

thatwhichwecallarose Thu 09-Feb-17 21:15:05

A few months for me. I found that as I was stitched in theatre and under anaesthetic I was stitched more throughly than friends who were stitched by the midwife.

Pelvic floor still a bit loose 2.5 years on from my second 3c tear but bit problem with bowels.

thatwhichwecallarose Thu 09-Feb-17 22:22:39

*just re-read. That should say no problem with bowels!

Boomies Sun 12-Feb-17 20:08:20

Mine was grade 4 I'm now 4months post delivery and would say everything is back to normal. Slight discomfort in scar tissue when I sit on a hard surface i.e. In the bath but otherwise fine and no continence issues (initially had some urgency ?related to the elephants dose of lactlose they had me on!) My symptoms in the first few weeks were mostly pain particularly when I walked any distance and sat. My husband was told whilst I was in theatre that I tore up into my bowel and I would certainly say when walking it was shooting pain upwards into my colon that was the problem. Also now been signed off by the colorectal team but been advised I need a c section if I have any more babies! Hope that's helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now