Talk

Advanced search

Group strep B

(5 Posts)
mum1991 Wed 01-Feb-17 10:19:16

I had a child back in 2008 and was given antibiotics during labour as I was tested group strep b positive. I am pregnant again (31+ 4) and my midwife has refused to test me for it again, I asked at my first midwife appointment and every appointment since as I'm very worried about it. She still refuses to test me. She has said that they won't do it and has advised me to go to the hospital with false pains so that they test me for it, something I don't agree with, what if something were to happen and they didn't take me seriously next time? Also worth a mention my mum was refused testing and my younger brother caught it and developed meningitis at 3 weeks old and lost a limb from this, you can tell why I am very worried about it. Please help I don't know what to do!

McBaby Wed 01-Feb-17 11:25:33

You can get a test privately which is more reliable than the NHS one. It's costs £35.

You send off for the kit for free do the test at home and send it off.

Lovemylittlebear Wed 01-Feb-17 13:56:28

I always pay for a private test for piece of mind x

MPerspective Mon 06-Feb-17 09:45:36

I wonder why she has refused to test you? By all means I'd opt to have it done privately.

LoveIsPatient Tue 07-Feb-17 18:57:37

My OH's auntie works for this charity: gbss.org.uk/
Small but very passionate and helpful.
I sent off for a test from these people: www.tdlpathology.com/test-information/test-service-updates/group-b-strep

So easy and efficient!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now