Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What are the odds of going into labour between 37-38 wks?

(7 Posts)
annaspanna Mon 26-Feb-07 13:33:11

Strange question i know, but i really need not to go into labour during this time because my DS is going to grans when i have DB But she has decided to go abroad for a weeks holiday while I'm 37-38 wks pg in a weeks time.

I've seen that only 8% of babies are born on their due date so i guess theres some stats somewhere. I just wondered if anyone knows where i can find statistics on this subject. I have measured large for my dates on last 2 ante-natal visits. Had strong BH all day yesterday - not much doing today tho. Was overdue by 5 days with DS so hoping i can just get to 38 wks when she'll be around. I know even if it's 1% chance i cud still go into labour but I'm trying to make myself feel better if chances are low!!!

BigCookLittleCook Mon 26-Feb-07 13:49:21

Wish I could remember the stats that someone told me, but I THINK that you have a 5% chance each day for a week before and a week after your due date, but no idea for the weeks before that, but must be pretty small, especially if your DS was late.

Am sure someone with a bit more expertise than me (ie. just about anyone...) will come and reassure you soon.

annaspanna Mon 26-Feb-07 14:02:49

Thanks big cook. Sounds promising then. I wouldn't be concerned if i hadn't had the painful BH yesterday. I am OK if it starts from now until next Saturday anyway!!!

pucca Mon 26-Feb-07 14:06:21

Weeelllllllllll...

My dd (1st) i was a week late she was 8lb 13oz, but ds i was booked for elective cs but my body couldn't take anymore so at 38 weeks i went into labour (still a section) he came out 9lb 6oz!

So i think the reason for me going into to labour at 38 weeks was that ds was so big,(plus it was last summer 6th aug so mega hot weather!)

pucca Mon 26-Feb-07 14:07:04

I had plenty of warning though, i had a show 5 days before and lots of really bad BH's, so i knew something was going on.

chacha3 Mon 26-Feb-07 14:11:14

my first came on her due date and my other two girls came four weeks early!

pearlsasinger Mon 26-Feb-07 14:19:59

Dd1 came at 35 weeks 5 days, waters broke prematurely on my birthday, not sure why, then after a 5-day stay in hospital I experienced contractions but had c-section due to dd's elevated but unvariable heartbeat. DD was fine at first then developed pneumonia, but after 48 hours on antibiotics was fine and now she's an abslutely gorgeous and blooming 9-month-old. Very stressful at first, but fine now, this came completely out of the blue as pregnancy had been fine up to then. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now