Talk

Advanced search

Kensington Wing or Lindo? Consultant?

(7 Posts)
Confused16 Mon 30-Jan-17 23:27:30

Hi everyone,
I am currently 7 weeks pregnant with twins (following years of IVF). Clinic has asked me to inform my GP. I am lucky enough to be able to go privately but cannot find any recent recommendations, most posts go back years. I have narrowed it down to either Chelwest or St Mary's private wings but can't really find any recent recommendations on consultants?
Any suggestions on which one would be better i.e. Kensington Wing or Lindo? And which consultant to go for?
Thanks!

Lenny1980 Mon 30-Jan-17 23:42:26

No experience of Lindo but I was very happy with my experience of C&W last year. My consultant was Roshni Patel and I would highly recommend her. For me, she had the right mix of matter of fact and and personable. She was with me every step of my labour and I was very glad to have her there when I ended up with an EMCS. Right through a difficult labour she explained everything clearly, I always understod what was going on and what my options were.
I think most consultants do a free meet and greet, Roshni does, so I would recommend you meet with a few consultants and see what you think. I knew right away I would feel very comfortable with her.

ohfourfoxache Mon 30-Jan-17 23:45:46

TG Teoh at Lindo - he's absolutely fantastic

Oh- and huge congratulations! grin

ohfourfoxache Mon 30-Jan-17 23:49:16

Meant to say, Teoh is really good with complex pregnancies so, being pg with twins, if I were in your position he would be the one I'd see. He's also the top obstetric bod at Mary's/Imperial and what he doesn't know would fit on the back of a stamp.

Confused16 Tue 31-Jan-17 10:08:31

Thank you both! Very useful to know some consultants do a free meet and greet! Will arrange meetings with both. I can't see Teoh on the St Mary's online consultants list, so not sure if he's still around.

highclere Wed 01-Feb-17 00:27:29

Congratulations! I second Lenny1980's recommendation - absolutely and completely brilliant.

mummummum319 Fri 03-Feb-17 04:05:05

I had my first at the Kensington Wing. I didn't have the best experience at there as the weekend I was there it was at max capacity. The anethestist was so busy that I didn't get the pain relief I requested for what felt like a million times. We stayed 3 nights and it was so busy that our sheets never got changed even though they were stained (breastmilk, food, blood...urgh). Even requesting for something basic like a jug of water never arrived. I had to walk outside to the unrestricted area to refill my drinking water the entire time (which was not pleasant, having just given birth).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now