Talk

Advanced search

Live birth thread - oww

(11 Posts)
Trulyamnearanear Mon 30-Jan-17 14:36:13

Currently in hour 10 of labour. In the hospital, epidural in but not quite even on both sides so I'm feeling it. Tricky because of my bmi (aka back fat).
Lots of screaming under my belt. Now fear about what's going to happen next and regret that I chose vbac over elcs, if I'm to be honest.
I wish this room had windows.

Afreshstartplease Mon 30-Jan-17 14:37:10

Bless you

Just think every pain brings you nearer to the end

FortyFacedFuckers Mon 30-Jan-17 14:57:11

Oh good luck OP, do you know what you are having?

sycamore54321 Mon 30-Jan-17 15:03:02

Oh best of luck OP. What a pity your epidural isn't quite right - can you ask them to make further adjustments? I was lucky that I found my epidurals amazingly effective and would wish the same for every woman. I hope they can sort it out for you.

Really hope all the rest goes quickly, smoothly, safely and painlessly.

whoateallthejaffacakes Mon 30-Jan-17 15:58:15

mine didn't take properly, it was topped up & lay on sides to try get it to work better. eventually it worked enough to fall asleep

SarcasmMode Mon 30-Jan-17 16:04:14

Sympathies OP.

I had contractions for nearly 36 hours before had epidural. I'm overweight and have some hyper mobility so my stomach and some back was numbed but below the waist wasn't. Which is ideal in a way as pain reduced but still able to push problem.

Do you know how far along you are?

Branleuse Mon 30-Jan-17 16:35:57

hows it going x

Trulyamnearanear Mon 30-Jan-17 19:03:06

Hello. So after that msg the aneathetist adjusted the epidural line and it evened out a lot. I got fully dialated in 2 hours from 4cm but baby was sideways so forcepts, top up epidural and 10 internal stitches! Baby came out in 2 pushes which I didn't feel. Now in recovery. Monitoring blood loss but otherwise ok. flowers to all those going through it.

CanIKondo Mon 30-Jan-17 19:09:10

Congratulations on the new baby. Hope your recovery goes smoothly. flowers

sycamore54321 Mon 30-Jan-17 19:57:32

Oh congratulations!! Boy or girl? Hope you are both doing well.

Branleuse Tue 31-Jan-17 17:39:13

congratulations!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now