Advanced search

C Section Over Easter Weekend?

(9 Posts)
HLBug Sat 28-Jan-17 14:09:43

I'm under consultant care with this pregnancy (baby number 2) and been advised that an elective section will probably be arranged for 39 weeks...which I've just realised would be Easter Saturday. Hmm. I assume they won't do an elective section at the weekend...but I'm wondering what they do with bank holidays? Would they wait until the Tuesday (putting me at 39+3) or go early (e.g. the Thursday so 38+5). Every hospital is probably different, but I wondered if any other mummies of Easter chicks have had a similar experience?

Nan0second Sat 28-Jan-17 14:10:52

It would be the tuesday most likely. If you go into labour before, they can do a caesarean at that point.
(That's what would happen where I work anyway)

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Sat 28-Jan-17 14:13:07

No experience about Easter specifically but my friends ds was born via elcs on August bh. As you say it probably varies hospital to hospital & possibly case by case. I'd clarify at your next appt as the Saturday over Easter is just a normal day.

Laineymc7 Sat 28-Jan-17 19:39:16

Most hospitals won't do them before 39 weeks so it could be any day after that. It could be the Monday/Tuesday depending on staffing but more than likely the wed. I'm booked in for mine at 39+2 they tried to booked in in for 39+5 but I was worried it was cutting it fine so that's the earliest they'd give me. X

mimiholls Sat 28-Jan-17 19:42:48

I would have been 39+1 on a bank holiday Monday and was booked in for the Tuesday at 39+2 but was also offered the date which would have been 40+1 which I was not keen on as high chance of going in to labour before. Think you will have it at 39+3 as they try not to do them before 39 weeks and they definitely don't do electives on weekend/bank holiday.

Foggymist Mon 30-Jan-17 00:29:06

I had an emcs on Easter Monday at 9am. Midwives said the consultant would have waited until Tuesday had my blood pressure been stable enough to wait because they never choose to do a cs with skeleton staff unless absolutely necessary.

HLBug Mon 30-Jan-17 07:19:37

Thanks everyone, that's really helpful. My DS was induced at 42 weeks so I don't have a history of going early, but I guess anything can happen!

Nottalotta Tue 31-Jan-17 03:46:44

Not easter but mine was 38+6 on a Friday to avoid the weekend.

SydneyCarton Tue 31-Jan-17 03:51:38

I had a c section due to breech positioning which was only picked up on the Wednesday when I was 38+1. We tried ECV on the Thursday with no joy and I was sent home for the Easter weekend and told to come back on the Tuesday for the section to take place at 39 weeks exactly

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: