Talk

Advanced search

Which tens machine??

(10 Posts)
SunnyDayDreaming101 Fri 20-Jan-17 09:40:38

Hi all,

Thinking about investing Ina tens machine for early labour, anyone tried these out? So many to choose from and I have no idea which one to get or if it is even worth it confused

What one would you recommend if any at all?

Thanks!

moonbeamdream Sat 21-Jan-17 09:45:46

I rented a Tens machine from a company called Birthease, second time I've used them and brilliant service. Free return postage and you get to rent the tens for 6 weeks, they work off your due date. Only £21 in total x

MistressMolecules Sat 21-Jan-17 09:52:46

I bought a boots one for dd2 labour and it was brilliant, never took the pain away completely but it made a massive difference (which I found when I took it off at one point - big mistake!). I did use other pain relief later on - I went to maternity at 7cm and had pethidine before the baby arrived. I will definitely use again if we have another.

user1485372536 Fri 27-Jan-17 10:25:35

I bought one from eBay (used) and then bought new pads. It was an Elle one. It cost me about £20 to buy which is around the same price to hire.

It worked really well for me, used it up an till I was pushing, simply because it fell off and I wasn't interested in putting it back on at that time!

The Elle tens machine has this boost function which you press when a contraction comes on, that along with my DH rubbing my back did the trick.

manhowdy Sat 28-Jan-17 20:16:03

I gave birth on Weds and used this as my only pain relief. Worked a treat up to pushing stage when I climbed in the pool.

www.amazon.co.uk/d/Pain-Fever-Remedies/TensCare-MamaTENS-Digital-Maternity-Machine-Relief-During/B000QG79DO?tag=mumsnetforum-21

manhowdy Sat 28-Jan-17 20:17:55

Just noticed it's showing as £55 at the moment. I think I paid £30 for it in early Jan (from Amazon), so keep an eye on price before purchasing. It has a boost option.

SunnyDayDreaming101 Sun 29-Jan-17 21:31:26

Thanks Manhowdy!! Much appreciated, in fact I think the reassurance that you can give birth with so little pain relief is even better to know, how did you do it?!

P.S huge congratulations on the birth of DC bearflowers

Nicnak2223 Sun 29-Jan-17 21:33:59

I bought the boots one and it was my only pain relief, (admittedly short labour). It really helped me stay at home.

user1485703469 Sun 29-Jan-17 21:39:14

I used an Elle tens, about £20 off eBay, it was great, though labour went on a very long time and ended up with epidural but the tens definitely helped me cope at home

AmeliaJack Sun 29-Jan-17 21:42:55

I bought a brand new Elle tens (which was wonderful and worth every penny!) lent it out to a succession of friends and then sold it on eBay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now