Talk

Advanced search

Where should I be for early labour?

(4 Posts)
kayleighb21 Sun 08-Jan-17 12:30:03

Ok this isn't really a big deal but I just want opinions as I'm useless at decisions! I'm due on Thursday with my first baby. My parents live about 15 miles away, which I know isn't far but it is 15 mins closer to my OH's work and slightly closer to the hospital.
My mum is going to be at the birth and she suggested maybe me and my OH go and stay with them from this week onwards. I can see the point as it means I won't be on my own during the day, it's slightly closer for my OH for work etc. But part of me wonders if in early labour I will just want my own space, own bath, etc? What do you guys think?

Ilovecaindingle Sun 08-Jan-17 12:37:50

Personally being at home would be my choice. Early labour can be long with not much happening! Plenty of time for your dm to get to you. And first babies are commonly late! My dd was ten days late and we planned a day out some 50 miles from where we lived on her due date!! You are over thinking an exciting time imo.

Snifftest Sun 08-Jan-17 13:03:36

I'd definitely prefer to be at home. Also it could be a few weeks, I'd want to relax and nest. But I guess it depends how comfortable you are at your mums and your relationship with her.

annlee3817 Sun 08-Jan-17 15:56:31

It depends on how your normally feel when in pain. I know most first labours can last a long time, but it's not always the case, my contractions were immediately 2-3 mins apart, no hanging around at home and five hours later I was holding my baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now