Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TENS machine

(9 Posts)
Brussels1 Fri 06-Jan-17 11:18:36

I'd like to get a tens machine for labour and sciatica I have in my leg, but I don't know what I'm looking for id like to spend £20-£30 please help!

user1483700965 Fri 06-Jan-17 11:27:28

I have just rented one from mother care for £26 for six weeks to use in labour, have tested it and really think it will help with pains! I think mothercare also sell them to purchase rather than rent for not too much more! X

Wolfiefan Fri 06-Jan-17 11:30:09

If you want it to use in labour then you need one with a boost button.

singingpinkmonkey Fri 06-Jan-17 20:51:55

Hello,
I can't advise if this will be suitable for sciatica but I've just got this from Amazon for my imminent labour and it's really well rated and has the all important boost function! It was £29.99!

www.amazon.co.uk/d/Pain-Fever-Remedies/TensCare-MamaTENS-Digital-Maternity-Machine-Relief-During/B000QG79DO

Hope this helps!

sherbertlemon17 Fri 06-Jan-17 21:39:40

Would definitely recommend getting a TENS machine! Loved mine... rented it from boots smile

Brussels1 Sat 07-Jan-17 16:39:36

I ended up getting one called mama tens. It's great, works wonders for my sciatica! Definitely going to be using it in labour!

PickleSarnie Sat 07-Jan-17 16:40:50

I third a boost button. Gives you something to do to distract from the pain of the contractions if nothing else!

Cuppaand2biscuits Sat 07-Jan-17 16:48:00

I bought one from Amazon because it was only a few pounds more than renting one. I've been able to lend it to several friends, just need to buy replacement pads from Boots.

Hewhew Sun 08-Jan-17 17:57:46

My friends and I have shared one through our deliveries. It was a cheap one from Amazon and it doesn't have boost but to be honest it was very easy to turn up and down with the contractions and again gave me something to focus on. I found it fantastic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now