Talk

Advanced search

Did your labours start off the same way?

(5 Posts)
soundsystem Tue 03-Jan-17 13:54:42

Just curious, really!

With DC1, my waters broke at 5.30am. Then nothing happened for a while, until after lunch when I got really intense, really regular contractions. By the time the midwife arrived an hour later, I was ready to start pushing.

I'm now 37+2 with DC2 and have been having Braxton Hicks for the last 3 days, along with various other signs/symptoms. I don't feel like it's imminent, but I do feel like my body's gearing itself up for something!

I'm just surprised by how different it seems, and I'm second guessing whether any of it means anything!

ShowOfHands Tue 03-Jan-17 13:56:58

Yep. Waters broke out of the blue with both of mine.

sparkle789 Tue 03-Jan-17 14:02:46

Waters breaking was the start of both of mine. With dd1 contractions started very quickly after with dd2 they took about 9hours to get started properly.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Tue 03-Jan-17 14:03:44

No, all 4 were completely different.
Dc1, water went, contractions started she arrived 27 hours later. Dc2 (premature), bloody show & very mild cramps. Went in just to get checked, they tried to stop it. Arrived 8 hours later. Dc3 mild latent labour for about 4 days, then a break for 2 days. Had my show & she arrived 3 hours later. Dc4 9 days of constant contractions, hindwaters went, next day forewaters went, I wasn't progressing so was put on a drip & gave birth within an hour.

With dc3 & 4 I 'guessed' pretty accurately at 36ish weeks from how I was feeling about when they would arrive (dc3 came 2 days after when I thought, dc4 3 days before).

PeppaAteMySoul Tue 03-Jan-17 14:10:10

With DS1 waters went then contractions started and he was born a few hours later.

With DS2 had days of stop and start braxton hicks before contractions starting at 9am, waters didn't break until an hour before he was born at 4pm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now