Talk

Advanced search

Piles/Haemorrhoids ! Help!

(4 Posts)
broodymamma Sun 01-Jan-17 22:24:25

Baby is 4 days old and I would be feeling great except I am in severe pain from haemorrhoids. Any advice would be much appreciated. Anusol has proven useless. Hot bath only helps when I am sat in it.

sonlypuppyfat Sun 01-Jan-17 22:27:55

You have my fullest sympathy, piles are the worst thing I've ever had. No one believes me but boil some garlic till its soft mash it up and cool it and put it on your piles it's so soothing. And make sure your poo is nice and soft, drink plenty of water

LostAtTheFair Sun 01-Jan-17 22:40:25

Congratulations on your baby OP.

You absolutely have my sympathy. If anusol isn't working you need to get to your doctor/hospital to check if the haemorrhoid has thrombosed. If it has thrombosed the pain will be horrendous you poor thing. There's an easy solution however - it just needs to be lanced with a local anaesthetic cream and the relief will be immediate and immense. If it hasn't thrombosed but is causing you pain, I recommend asking your GP for Scheriproct suppositories (much better than the ointment) and they should settle down within a few days.

WeiAnMeokEo Mon 02-Jan-17 10:07:33

Oh man mine were awful too - have you tried the anusol suppositories? They contain steroids so not recommended while breastfeeding but I had them prescribed even so as the pain was so bad...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now