Talk

Advanced search

Is this slow labour?

(2 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Sun 01-Jan-17 08:39:20

This morning I woke up for a pee around 2am and was having braxton hicks, they seamed fairly regular so I kept looking at my phone and they were every 12 minuets. So I just relaxed and they were then every 10 minuets so I got up and went to the toilet again walked around the house got my clothes on had a cup of tea and they stayed 10 minuets apart and my back began to hurt and I had a heavy period like cramp feeling in my lower tummy. I then ran to dash to the toilet and had some very loose stools. I thought for sure this is labor!!! My last two babies were inductions but this felt like early labour and I googled and had all the signs. So I relaxed on the sofa and kept timing. They were still 10 minuets apart then suddenly I got 3 in a row that were 1minuet apart then I got another 30 minuets later and another 30 minuets later. My cramps and back pain have gone. I'm not sure what is going on. I want to call my midwife but guessing it's closed as it's New Year's Day. Could this be slow labor? Or is my baby teasing me? I am due next week btw

PeachBellini123 Sun 01-Jan-17 13:37:05

I don't understand what you mean by 'they're closed'? Do you mean the GPs? Maternity triage will be open if you need some guidance/reassurance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now