Talk

Advanced search

Sudden increase in braxton hicks but only when walking

(3 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Wed 21-Dec-16 12:55:45

We went shopping for some food for over Christmas and I was having braxton hicks repeatedly!! We were out an hour or so and I had well over 10!!!! Now I'm home and sat down they have completely vanished 😔 I'm 38wks and a few days btw. And I need to keep a very close eye out for early labour as I need to be in hospital as soon as labour starts. Could this mean labour is right around the corner? Or just another late pregnancy niggle?

greenlizard Mon 26-Dec-16 03:06:18

I had this! In fact only ever had Brixton hicks when I was walking about. They did become.more frequent and more intense towards the end of my pregnancy but I was induced at 39 +4 so can't tell if they were a sign of impending labour.

pregnantat50 Mon 26-Dec-16 03:16:39

How exciting Op, baby is preparing to make an appearance smile

I didnt have Braxton Hicks with any of my pregnancies. I thought I was having them with my first child but it was actually labour and I was 6cm dilated! He was born at 39 weeks so it could be sooner than you think. My contractions felt like I was filling up with hot water and mild cramping in my back. I was already in hospital as I had pre-eclampsia, these feelings were dismissed as Braxton Hicks but then the Consultant examined me and I was almost at the pushing stage by then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now