Talk

Advanced search

Dissolvable stitches?

(7 Posts)
Honeybee79 Tue 20-Dec-16 15:14:26

I had a c-section 3.5 weeks ago and am pretty sure I was told afterwards that they had used dissolvable stitches, but they don't seem to have dissolved! I have a bit of length of stitching sticking out one end of the incision.

Is it usual for dissolvable stitches to take this long to dissolve?! I am considering making an appointment to see my GP/nurse at surgery to get it looked at but maybe it's entirely normal at this stage.

Anyone have any experience?

OP’s posts: |
mimiholls Tue 20-Dec-16 16:52:39

I had a knot at one end that didn't dissolve for ages too. It did eventually dissolve or you can go to the GP to have it snipped off. I think the rest of mine had started dissolving by 3.5 weeks though. I would pop to the GP or health visitor if you're concerned.

Honeybee79 Tue 20-Dec-16 18:43:28

Thanks Mimiholls. I'm going to try to get an appointment with my GP tomorrow.

RattieOfCatan Tue 20-Dec-16 19:34:51

Mine was 5 and a half weeks ago and one side is still there but it's embedded in a scan which is slowly coming off now, I think the other fell off when I was drying myself after a shower last week! I was told that it would fall out eventually and not to worry about it unless it hurt or became infected, that was shortly after the c section though!

RattieOfCatan Tue 20-Dec-16 19:35:10

In A scab, not a scan!

Honeybee79 Wed 21-Dec-16 09:33:11

Thanks Rattie

StuntNun Wed 21-Dec-16 09:34:32

I had to have a couple of bits of mine taken out that didn't dissolve. It was okay, a bit nippy but not really painful. Definitely preferable to the staples I had for my first two sections.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in