Talk

Advanced search

Grade 4 placenta previa... need hand holds!!

(10 Posts)
blossombottom Thu 08-Dec-16 19:41:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
Bimblepops Thu 08-Dec-16 19:50:04

My complete occlusion PP baby has just turned 6 years and is currently rolling around on the floor wrestling with his big brother.

I had two minor bleeds, at 35 and 36 weeks and ended up in the maternity ward under observation. After the second bleed, we all decided to go for an early c-section on the dot of 37 weeks, to avoid any further bleeding.

C-section went fine and baby and I were both happy and healthy.

My advise is to try to relax (easier said than done, I know). Take it as easy as possible, lots of rest and just be observant of your pregnancy and your body.

Your midwife team will undoubtedly be keeping a keen eye on you as a result of the PP. If you have any worries or questions, please go to them, they're there to help you with this.

Sending you a calming brew and some cake and flowers.

blossombottom Thu 08-Dec-16 22:03:57

Justfivemoreminutesplease Thu 08-Dec-16 22:10:15

Didn't want to read and run but very quickly, I had full on pp and was hospitalised at 30 weeks due to a bleed (& then bled again once in hospital). Both were just like a period.
It is scarey if you think about it, so try not to. I did have lots of scans, but that's partly because I was in hospital for 7 weeks and I think the lovely hospital staff took pity on me!

waitingforsomething Fri 09-Dec-16 06:09:10

My sister had exactly this. She had no bleeding during her pregnancy and had a C-section at 37 weeks exactly. Her lovely DD is now 4 and a half.

You will be being well looked after by your midwives, and possibly consultant? Modern medicine is a great thing and I'm sure you a and your baby will be fine. :-)

Chrisinthemorning Fri 09-Dec-16 06:16:28

flowers
It may well move at 19 weeks? Is it anterior or posterior?
I had placenta praevia. I had a fair few bleeds- each time I was admitted for a few days. I stopped work at 26 weeks and was on rest after this. I did very little, just pottered around and MN and watched daytime TV!
At 35 weeks I had a bleed and was admitted, I stayed in for a week and DS arrived at 36+3, EMCS 3 hours before my booked ELCS.
He couldn't bf due to being too early but was otherwise fine and healthy and is now a bright 4 year old.
It was very scary, sympathies. flowers

Chrisinthemorning Fri 09-Dec-16 06:19:20

Oh and scans- I had quite a few because I was a high risk pregnsncy. All NHS except one, I did have a private 4d scan and they checked for vasa praevia too.
No one can predict when you have a bleed, sorry.

AbbeyRoadCrossing Fri 09-Dec-16 06:27:30

It's quite unpredictable I'm afraid. I've heard of women with no bleeds and mine wasn't that near and I had 3 bleeds.
All you can do is have an overnight bag packed in case you go in due to a bleed.
Although have others have said most move up and they'll scan you again.
I had DS at 36+1 by EMCS and he's fine now and 2.5 years

blossombottom Fri 09-Dec-16 20:38:19

blossombottom Mon 12-Dec-16 21:56:19

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in