Loosing bits of mucus plug at only 35 weeks?

(2 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Tue 29-Nov-16 09:02:55

I am 35 weeks and my baby is head down and engaging. When I walk I get sharp vaginal pains and I also have pain in my pelvis which my midwife thinks is spd. On the odd occasion my braxton hicks turn regular and I'll have a few braxton hicks at 5 minute intervals then they stop. This morning there was mucus coming out of me, it was not blood tinged more pale yellow. Should I be getting worried? I know babies born at this time generally so fine but my baby has sever heart defects at the closer to his due date the better

CuppaTeaAndAJammieDodger Tue 29-Nov-16 09:13:49

I was loosing plug from about 34 weeks onwards and also got the awful twinges (although twinge doesn't really do them justice!) from about the same time ... really REALLY painful. DD was born quite healthy at 39 weeks. Was told at the time it was all normal.

Obviously, if you're concerned then call the delivery unit and speak to a MW, but it sounds pretty normal to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now