VBA2C!?

(4 Posts)
TheManicMummy Sun 27-Nov-16 20:44:42

Has anyone had a VBAC after 2 c sections? I've had two c sections in two years.. third baby on its way and me and my husband want a large ish family.

My first two babies were emergency c sections and I understand there are additional risks and limits on how many children you can have with c sections.

Any advice? Success stories on a VBA2C? Or any advice on how many C Sections you can have ? Xx

nephrofox Sun 27-Nov-16 20:46:08

I haven't and wouldn't. But I can see if you want a large family there is probably a limit to the number of c sections you can safely have. I imagine the reasons for the first 2 will play a large part

HandbagFan Mon 28-Nov-16 21:16:39

Yup, one to discuss with the consultants. Generally advice is no more than three c sections, but my consultant has done a seventh on one lady(!).

As PP said, depends on the reasons and your medical situation.

sycamore54321 Mon 28-Nov-16 22:44:38

As above, you really need to discuss the balance of risks with your doctor. The reasons for your sections will be very relevant - if they were due to factors that are likely to reoccur on each pregnancy, like you have a particularly small pelvis for example, then that is very different from sections due to non-recurrent factors like foetal distress due to a nuchal cord.

You should also seek the medical records of your most recent section where the surgeon should have noted any particular issues with your uterus and scar.

Also, how large is your potential large family? Planning maybe one more pregnancy is very different to planning for another four or five when it comes to tipping the balance towards or away from VBAC.

There are so many variables that you really can't compare directly with the experiences of others. Can you book a dedicated appointment with a senior doctor, preferably one who knows your history well and go through all the scenarios?

Best of luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now