Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Contractions but no labour?

(6 Posts)
INeedABeer Sat 05-Nov-16 14:40:52

Been having this for 4 days now and I'm struggling to cope.

Contractions get worse at night when I'm trying to sleep. Got checked out at hospital yesterday and told 'this is normal' and I'm not even dilated.

How am I going to cope with active labour when the time comes? I've not slept properly for days and have been throwing up most of past 24 hours

FrankAndBeans Sat 05-Nov-16 14:43:48

How far along are you? Active labour is loads different as you will be spurred on by meeting your baby. Sorry to hear you're in pain OP flowers

INeedABeer Sat 05-Nov-16 14:56:10

I'm 40+4 days. I'm at the point where I just want a section (I'd been wanting natural birth) but I'm in so much pain and discomfort I just want baby out!

FrankAndBeans Sat 05-Nov-16 15:47:33

Fingers crossed OP that these pre-labour pains means the real thing will be very quick.

Shortninbread Sat 05-Nov-16 17:25:06

I had this for three days and feel your pain. It's very disruptive to sleep. I didn't for three days prior to active labour. This is tough advice, but try to focus on the 'healthy pain' and that it is good pain rather than seizing up and wanting it to stop. You don't want fear and adrenaline to kick in and delay things. Try to rest as much as possible. Let us know how you go.

Shortninbread Sat 05-Nov-16 17:35:47

The temptation is to walk for miles and bounce on balls to get things moving, but I'd try to conserve energy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now