3 things just happened...

(7 Posts)
Squtternutbosch Thu 27-Oct-16 08:16:45

I'be been having period pains for days (currently 39+3). This morning, all of a sudden, I had a wave of pain, then a gush of liquid, then a sudden and urgent..."emptying of the bowels".

The gush of liquid was clear with some thick-ish very pale yellow discharge. No blood. Since then (15 mins or so) I've had a couple of little twinges in my back but nothing else.

Does this sound like early labour or just that I needed a poo?! I don't have a midwife (not in the UK) and not really sure what to do as I don't want to just go to the hospital if not necessary.

Wishfulmakeupping Thu 27-Oct-16 08:18:22

Sounds like it could be the start op smile

Believeitornot Thu 27-Oct-16 08:19:17

Labour by the sounds of it! Give the midwife a ring grin

JosephineMaynard Thu 27-Oct-16 08:25:24

Could be.

If you think the gush of liquid might have been the waters breaking, best to ring the hospital and get that checked out. There's a risk of infection to the baby if the waters break too far in advance of the baby being born.
And waters breaking doesn't necessarily mean spontaneous labour is imminent - with DS1, there was a full week between my waters breaking and labour starting.

Squtternutbosch Thu 27-Oct-16 10:05:48

Hmph, well it's been 2 hours and nothing. No more contraction-type feelings, no more leakage, nothing. So probably just pain because I needed a poo, and perhaps the liquid was just normal discharge pushed out a bit forceully because...well because I needed a poo.

Wow, this is a serious TMI thread, sorry everyone!

Sigh. Trooping on. Thanks everyone!

JassyRadlett Thu 27-Oct-16 10:10:26

Giant urgent poo was the first sign of labour with DS1. Good luck!

Believeitornot Thu 27-Oct-16 10:37:57

My waters broke with my second and the contractions were painless at first. Feel your stomach - is it tightening?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now