Talk

Advanced search

C section wound not healed after 10 weeks

(3 Posts)
user1459413777 Wed 12-Oct-16 22:57:46

Hi everyone, I am finding it hard to keep positive that my section wound will ever heal. I gave birth to my beautiful baby boy on the 30th of July via emergency C Section, I had to go back into hospital two days after being discharged because my wound was leaking and I had an infection. The wound broke down and I was on antibiotic drip for four days. I had a further three weeks of tablet antibiotics on discharge, my wound opened up and the district nurses have been packing it ever since. The wound was 3cm deep and 3cm wide, but after 10 weeks it's still 0.5cm deep I'm still having wound packed and dressed twice a week, and it seems never ending. I need this over with as it's getting me down, help xx

TallulahTheTiger Wed 12-Oct-16 23:06:06

Sorry not helpful but for a minute I thought I'd written this while asleep- I had very much the same issue. Although 4 weeks ahead of you. Live ruraly so couldnt drive for such a long time. I'm now better, almost 15 weeks post sect, so you will get better. It will be slow, and I know it's frustrating but you will get there.

SpookyPotato Fri 14-Oct-16 00:13:18

Mine healed in 5 months! I give it a quick clean every night but think it was my overhang that slowed it down. It wasn't infected though and I just didn't think about it. Maybe the constant packing is slowing down healing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now