Talk

Advanced search

Scheduled csection - how far do you go in labour before they'll operate

(9 Posts)
sidonie1 Wed 05-Oct-16 19:36:07

Hi, just wondering if anyone has experience of a scheduled csection and going in to labour before? I'm 35 weeks pregnant with twins and have a csection booked for 38 weeks. I had mild contractions all last night and called the triage to ask what I should do and at what point I should come in and they said if they become more frequent and intense. They've stopped now but I just wondered if anyone's experienced this and at what point they admitted you for csection?

BikeRunSki Wed 05-Oct-16 19:38:25

I've had 2 emcs, both when I was 10 cm dilated. I'd have thought they'd operate sooner if you are booked for an elective though.

NerrSnerr Wed 05-Oct-16 19:41:33

I had an elective c section booked due to my daughter being breach, I went in not knowing I was in labour (I thought my waters had gone and they hadn't) and saw contractions on the monitor. They operated a few hours later before labour set in. I think I was only 1cm.

LuchiMangsho Wed 05-Oct-16 19:54:42

They operated when they could confirm my waters had broken and I had v regular contractions- about one every 3 mins. In fairness they were quick because for a bunch of reasons they didn't want my labour to progress too far. You might also be admitted and have to wait a bit while more urgent emergencies are operated upon.

Jinglebellsandv0dka Wed 05-Oct-16 19:56:56

I've been wondering this too!

36 weeks and scheduled for a c-section. I think they ask you to go in ASAP when you realise your in active labour and they do an 'emergency c-section'

Good luck!

ReturnoftheWhack Wed 05-Oct-16 19:59:51

I was scheduled for an elective section at 39 weeks following an EMCS at 10cm at 38 weeks with first baby. I went into labour at midnight the night before my section! Livid!

They just did the section as normal at 9am but it was fairly obvious the baby wasn't coming imminently. I take a loooooonnnnng time to labour!

Is the section elective or for medical reasons? That might alter how quickly they react. Good luck!

sidonie1 Wed 05-Oct-16 20:20:51

Thanks everyone! Sounds reassuring. It's elective so will wait for some more action 😊

hopeful31yrs Thu 06-Oct-16 08:48:57

A friend had an elective section for her second after having one with her first but she went in to labour before this. She had to wait in labour all until her electiv slot the next morning which she wasn't happy about!

LuchiMangsho Thu 06-Oct-16 12:56:46

I went into labour before an elective, and in a weird way I was glad I did. My body was ready to deliver so my milk came in quickly etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now