Sir stanley clayton ward at queen charlotte hospital

(6 Posts)
londonMum16 Wed 05-Oct-16 18:57:07

Hi,
Looking to have a baby (probably midwifery led care) at queen charlotte (stanley clayton ward) can anyone tell me how the private wing there compares to the lindo wing and the portland?

HorseyHanna Wed 05-Oct-16 19:05:55

Isn't Stanley Clayton post-natal only? As in you can stay there as a private patient after birth but you'd have an NHS delivery on either the labour ward or midwife unit. I could be wrong though but thought Imperial private births are Lindo Wing only.

londonMum16 Wed 05-Oct-16 20:38:30

Thanks- i will have toclarify with them as they are charging over 7 grand for a midwifery led private birth so want to be sure what it is they are offering. Thank you

HorseyHanna Wed 05-Oct-16 21:16:10

Check whether they meant at St Mary's. If I recall correctly the number for private care on the Imperial website defaults to the Lindo Wing.

Julybaby777 Tue 20-Dec-16 20:15:46

Hi londonMum16. Just wondering if you managed to find out about this? I am due in July and currently researching private midwife-led care options in London. Any intel you have would be most gratefully received!

londonMum16 Tue 20-Dec-16 20:52:17

So you deliver on the same ward as nhs but if you go for private option you have private midwife or consultant to deliver you depending on wether youve gone for consultant led or midwide led.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now