Talk

Advanced search

Chelsea & Westminster or Kingston?

(5 Posts)
TestAdvicePlease Tue 27-Sep-16 09:06:08

Hello all. Can anyone help me with any recent experiences of either C&W or Kingston?

There are threads on here about both but they are a few years old. C&W is more convenient for us but I saw a few posters raising concerns about the over-crowded ward after birth.

Thank you in advance for your help.

TestAdvicePlease Tue 27-Sep-16 20:34:46

Hopeful bump!

DowntonDiva Thu 29-Sep-16 18:03:44

Amazing experience at CW in March.

Birthing suite is incredible can't believe it's NHS. Transferred to labour ward care was fantastic.

Post natal we had a private room (fluke) wards were busy but I wouldn't say over crowded.

One occasion shower was grim overnight after a lady had a bleed. But several others to choose from. My tip walk to the end of the ward away from the delivery suite there are two hidden shower rooms lights always off so no one sees they are there.

Partners stay overnight at CW so depending on your preference you may want to consider this. I'd say 75% stayed.

Post natal they have maternity urgent assessment unit for after delivery. We used them twice once to check DD once for stitches. Call up, appointment time that day (or night). DP and I have discussed it several times how much we rate their care and would want to have any future DCs there.

TestAdvicePlease Thu 29-Sep-16 18:14:06

Thank you Downton - glad to hear you had a good experience.

TestAdvicePlease Wed 05-Oct-16 10:02:36

I had my appointment this morning and chose Kingston. Still not sure if this was the right choice! Any other experiences would be very welcome. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now