Advanced search

Not healed correctly after birth?

(7 Posts)
Greyhorses Wed 31-Aug-16 10:37:59

Sorry this is quite embarrasing but I couldn't be bothered to name change shock

Has anyone not healed properly after vaginal birth? I had a tear that got infected but it's not healed right.

It's not sore but annoying.

Who should I see? Really don't want to go back to my GP as she is horrible and the only other doctor is a man sad

pinguina16 Wed 31-Aug-16 12:12:43

Hi Greyhorses.
Can you describe in more detail please? Is it internal, external? One side, both? Episiotomy, tear or both? Perineum or vulva?

Sorry I know this is embarrassing. There are so many possibilities I'm trying to narrow things down.blush

pinguina16 Wed 31-Aug-16 12:13:42

Sorry meant stitches, no stitches (not episiotomy obviously)

Greyhorses Wed 31-Aug-16 13:23:13


I'll try to describe as best I can but I have no clue what's going on blush

I had two small tears/grazes internally, both near the labia and one either side. No epi and only briefly checked by midwife once after birth.
Neither stitched but both took forever to heal. I had an infection and they did sort themselves out eventually or so I thought however I braved the mirror as I felt like something was different and I have a flap of tissue hanging down quite high up that looks ripped/has a hole in and it's really annoying me. It's further up than the original two tears. Ive never noticed it before baby and it's never irritated me before either. Sex is still painful hence looking!

I'm not sure if it was something that was missed or if it's just developed but it's quite tender.

Sorry proberbly not explaining very well, it's definatley not labia but much higher up confused

smallchair Wed 31-Aug-16 13:48:43

How long has it been since you gave birth? I only had grazes too but it took 9 months for it all to be properly healed (I'm a very slow healer tho). Maybe arrange an examination in your local family planning clinic if you're not keen on GP?

Greyhorses Wed 31-Aug-16 15:41:08

Baby is coming up to 5 months- so a while!

Fluffsnuts Wed 31-Aug-16 23:48:26

You need to see a gp to be referred to a gynaeology consultant. Do it sooner rather than later, the referral can take weeks, then it takes weeks to get treatment, whatever that may be. My baby is 8months and I've only just got treatment (different issue, same area, painful sex) and I got referred after my 8 week check. Don't take no for an answer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now