Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know when you can have a bath after CS

(13 Posts)
kiki22 Tue 30-Aug-16 19:18:05

Its been 7 days my dressing started to come off so mw told me to just peel it away. The stitches have dissolved and the wound is closed. I'm desperate for a bath but not sure if its ok?

OP’s posts: |
RJnomore1 Tue 30-Aug-16 19:19:40

I was told to peel my dressing off in a bath less than 7 days after but that was 12 years ago so may have changed

Littleallovertheshop Tue 30-Aug-16 19:23:38

Not had a cs but had a massive laporotamy a few years ago. The nurses had me in the bath two days later with the epidural still in so I'm sure you'll be fine if it's closed!

Heirhelp Tue 30-Aug-16 19:26:52

Midwife told me to remove the dressing in the bath six days post c section. This was just a couple of months ago.

I just did it in the shower because i was worried about getting out of the bath.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 30-Aug-16 19:29:35

Be very careful, you won't have healed inside yet even if your wound is healed on the outside and getting in and out of the bath puts a big strain on your middle.

bonzo77 Tue 30-Aug-16 20:18:10

What DameDiazepam said. I really would leave it till you are stronger. If it's just washing then you can do that as soon as you can stand. I've showered within 24 hours after all 3 of mine. Just try to keep all shampoo / shower gel etc away from the area until surface fully healed.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 30-Aug-16 20:43:44

It's not advisable to bath anyway due to risk of infection. Just shower!

kiki22 Tue 30-Aug-16 20:48:51

I just want to lie in the warm water really a bath is my usual way of relaxing. I can get in and out easily luckly I was very fit all through my pregnancy so had really good muscle tone its made recovery really easy plus my section was semi planned I had hours before ds was in any danger but elected to go straight to CS so it is a very good wound not rushed at all.

BlurtonOnKites4eva Tue 30-Aug-16 20:54:51

I was told to avoid getting it wet for a couple of weeks.

Also getting in the bath would of been fine but I think I'd struggle to get out of the bath by myself 7 days post section, my abs and core were really sore for a couple of weeks after.

Lules Tue 30-Aug-16 20:58:43

I had a c section fairly recently and was told to give it a few weeks. I did have one before I was 'meant to' and it was lovely but it was hard getting in and out. My DH had to help

kiki22 Wed 31-Aug-16 10:50:57

I had a go getting in and out managed it fine but then decided against it just incase

MadrigalElectromotive Fri 02-Sep-16 12:58:29

I was told not to have one until after my six week check. DD is 3 months old. The advice seems to vary so much!

HappyGirl86 Sun 04-Sep-16 22:08:14

I had my baby 7 months ago, and they removed my dressing the morning after my c section! I was surprised but they said its how they do it and they believe the air getting to it helps it to heal. I had a shower as soon as they removed the dressing and they told me just to let the water trickle over it and then lightly pat it dry. I didn't have a bath for a while but mostly because I felt in pain getting up and down!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in