Talk

Advanced search

Being induced tomorrow, on EDD

(3 Posts)
JessieMcJessie Tue 30-Aug-16 12:51:44

I'll be exactly 40w tomorrow, no doubt about my EDD as the baby was conceived via IVF. I am 43 (baby is with my own eggs though) and at my Trust they prefer not to allow over 40s to go overdue so have booked me for induction. I've had a couple of sweeps since last week and on Sunday the midwife said she could get 2 fingers into my cervix, which is I think about 2cm dilated. No contractions felt, and presume plug has gone due to sweeps.

I've been very well monitored in the last few weeks and the baby is fine and growth on track- in actual fact I have no actual risk factors and have had a very uneventful pregnancy. They're just being extra cautious due to my age, which apparently makes the placenta more likely to pack up sooner rather than later.

They are hoping the pessary will be enough and I won't need the syntocin drip.

It all feels very surreal, knowing I'll probably head to the hospital calmly on the bus tomorrow morning and should definitely have a baby by Friday.

Has anyone else had a due date induction for reason of age only?

SheepOrWine Tue 30-Aug-16 20:57:37

I haven't, but wanted to wish you good luck!

If you're already 2cm dilated I think that's really promising. I had a sweep on the Monday and the midwife said I was 1cm dilated. On the Friday evening my waters broke and the baby arrived Saturday morning.

Hope all goes well for you flowers

JessieMcJessie Tue 30-Aug-16 21:57:22

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now