Talk

Advanced search

Second baby...... Didn't go into labour last time, any advice for this time???

(9 Posts)
Nuggy2013 Thu 25-Aug-16 09:32:11

Wise mumsnetters.... I need some help. I'm due in 6 weeks with DC2, already have DD2. First labour, induced, got to 7cm, failed to progress due to DD getting stuck and had EMCS. All ok, both healthy and recovered well. However this time round is slightly different. I had loads of support, help and lived with parents at the time due to house move. Also, tried every known trick in the book to get started last time, sex, curry, bouncing on ball, walking, everything etc.
This baby is due and DH works away and I have no family support due to relocating and I'll have a toddler to care for as well.

Any advice that helped anyone have a VBAC after EMCS?? Realistically, would I be better not trying for VBAC and having planned CS?

Thanks for reading, all advice welcome as head in a spin!!!

Blue4ever Thu 25-Aug-16 09:34:42

How long ago was your dd born?

Blue4ever Thu 25-Aug-16 09:35:26

And also why were you induced?

Nuggy2013 Thu 25-Aug-16 09:42:04

Sorry didn't mean to drip feed! I went 2 weeks over with DD, she will be turning 3 when this baby is due so was induced to start off with DD but wasn't massively successful

GlitteryFluff Thu 25-Aug-16 09:42:03

Watching. I was induced with DS 12 days over and nothing happened. So at 15 days over I had a section - not emergency. I'd love a section again, if we have another. DS was very very big and breach.

Womenareliketeabags Fri 26-Aug-16 17:48:27

No advice to give I'm afraid but I'm in a similar situation snd didn't want to read and run. Im 38+5 today, already have DS(3) who I had induction at 42 weeks with, he was born at 42+2 after a hideous labour ending with episiotomy and forceps. Watching with interest.

Nuggy2013 Fri 26-Aug-16 20:52:13

I don't know if it's just down to pot luck and whatever happens happens but I'd love to hear any tips from anyone whose been in a similar situation

kiki22 Sat 27-Aug-16 08:09:30

I was just induced for the second time on Monday due to reduced movement last time I was over due. First birth I was taken for CS but ended up with forceps 2 x3rd degree tears and an epi. This time when he got stuck I asked to be taken straight down for CS it was fine on day 3 and on minimal pain killers moving sound at about 70% normal range.

I had originally planned a CS then changed my mind I'm not sorry that I tried natural BUT it would have been so much easier than what I went through before the CS however of I wasn't induced or ds2 was in a better position it may have been fine who knows. If you do go over due I would ask for a CS over induction tbh

Nuggy2013 Tue 30-Aug-16 20:18:55

Was debating CS over induction, induction really didn't do much for me last time so was hoping to avoid it!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now