If you had very mild contractions

(16 Posts)
AddictedtoGreys Thu 18-Aug-16 07:30:00

...when you went to bed, and 3 or 4, and then they stopped, when did they start again?

I am 38+5 today, baby was 3/5 engaged on Monday, very low, lots of backache and crampy achy pains for days with loose stools for about 3 weeks!

Just wondering if this could be the start of something today or if I am getting Tom hopes up over nothing? I'm ready for this baby to be born! grin

AddictedtoGreys Thu 18-Aug-16 07:30:51

Sorry about spelling, on my phone!

Womenareliketeabags Thu 18-Aug-16 07:34:03

Your describing my life at the moment. I'm 37+4 today and for the last week or been having period type cramps, constant agonising back ache, the shits and then irregular contractions for the afternoon/evening which then disappear overnight. My mw says it appears that I'm in the latent phase of labour. I don't think you can tell when real active labour can start but it definitely means that your body is preparing and starting to get prepared. It's my second baby.

Womenareliketeabags Thu 18-Aug-16 07:35:17

Good luck flowers

AddictedtoGreys Thu 18-Aug-16 07:42:01

Hi women , yes this is my second baby too but last one was 3 years ago so can't really remember how it all started confused I think I'm just so fed up of being pregnant any little thing happens and I'm hoping it's the real thing but seems to fizzle out! Maybe if your midwife is saying that about you then it's the same for me, fx!

Womenareliketeabags Thu 18-Aug-16 08:06:03

Argh app crashed and lost my post. I'll start again.

Mine was also 3 years ago! Being like this has trigger vague memories of getting excited every night for weeks thinking things were going to start but they didn't, I was induced at 42 weeks with DS being born at 42+2 so my knowledge of actually going into active labour naturally is nil! I've always assumed is go over with this one too so having all of this so early has actually shocked me but I can't cope if this will be my life for the next 4+ weeks! I wish you got a labour reminder texts like you do for appointments. Labour due to start at 1am tomorrow. If only!

DollyBarton Thu 18-Aug-16 08:10:51

I had that on dd1 and unfortunately it was another long week before it properly kicked off. She came out quick and easy though which I partly put down to the practice in the week before!

But you know what? You could equally as likely have your baby in your arms within 12 hrs.

AddictedtoGreys Thu 18-Aug-16 08:11:15

Ha ha that would be amazing grin it's the not knowing when it will happen for me too. I didn't have the best first labour so I'm quite anxious about this one and just want it over with. My DS was born at 38+2 so I am already more pregnant than I have ever been!

AddictedtoGreys Thu 18-Aug-16 08:12:07

dolly that's what I am hoping, that contractions last night were a warm up and today it will kick off. Still getting the back pain but no contractions as yet this morning sad

scaredofthecity Thu 18-Aug-16 08:14:44

I was the same for weeks like that and eventually induced at 42 weeks. Sorry probably not want you want to hear!

Womenareliketeabags Thu 18-Aug-16 08:24:10

The not knowing is awful. One the one hand if I think it might be starting I get nervous as I never expected to have a baby this early and then if I think it's not going to start I feel fed up! grin

rightguard Thu 18-Aug-16 08:27:04

I had mild but regular contractions for a whole day at 41 weeks. Rang hospital at 11pm but they said to wait till they were stronger. Went to sleep, (so mild I slept through them). Then at 5am waters went with a massive contraction, which could tinted on top of each other. Cue a mad 100mph dash to the hospital and ds was born 15 mins after I got there.

So yeah, definitely could be the start of something! Good luck grin

AddictedtoGreys Thu 18-Aug-16 08:42:52

scared I know that's the thing, these "signs" could last for weeks! hmm

right I was hoping that would be the case last night and I would wake up further along with contractions but never happened. I'm just so fed up!

Farfromtheusual Thu 18-Aug-16 20:04:09

I'm right there with you OP!! Am also 38+5 and yesterday I started getting strong braxton hicks for hours which stopped when I went to bed. Was so disappointed this morning lol. Sat here again tonight and getting the same pains all afternoon/evening , if not slightly stronger and more of them. Midwife said baby's head wasn't all the way down this morning but since then I've had quite a bit of pressure down below and baby has been non stop moving!

Fingers crossed this is it for both of us grin

AddictedtoGreys Thu 18-Aug-16 20:05:51

farfrom fingers crossed for you!! I'm just feeling more and more fed up as each day goes by hmm

kiki22 Thu 18-Aug-16 23:06:09

Hi I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and have been having signs since 36 weeks still nothing, I've spent the last 2 Saturdays convinced it was starting only for it to all stop again 😞

I was induced at 41 weeks with ds after a couple of weeks of signs so I'm not holding out much hope for this one. I have however demanded sex and plan in going to the gym as soon as ds isin school tomorrow in an attempt to move things along. Ds started his first year in school 2 days ago so really hoping to go at the weekend so he has as little disruption as possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now