Talk

Advanced search

Labour before CS date?

(6 Posts)
prettypinklady Mon 15-Aug-16 00:39:29

What happens if you go into labour before the date of your CS?

HandbagFan Wed 17-Aug-16 16:57:40

My understanding is you go into hospital and they start prepping you for a C section...

BossyOfficerFlossie Wed 17-Aug-16 17:00:54

Depends on the reasons you were booked for a c section... Usually you are just prepped for a section ASAP, occasionally people choose to labour and see what happens. But if you had a section booked you should be offered one, and would only be left to labour if you wanted to.

digsydel Wed 17-Aug-16 22:04:45

Depends on your hospital so I would check with them. I was told by one hospital that if I went into labour before my ELCS date and if before 39 weeks, they would make me go naturally - no EMCS offered unless things started to go wrong and it did in fact turn in to an emergency.
Another hospital told me I would have a choice, but other patient emergencies would naturally take priority and also if I was in very advanced labour and there were no problems they would advise otherwise (advise, not force it seems)

FuzzyOwl Wed 17-Aug-16 22:08:03

My hospital policy (according to the consultant I have seen) is that you will be offered a section if there is the availability but you might not get one.

maresedotes Wed 17-Aug-16 22:09:13

I went into labour about 2/3 hours before my planned cs section. Told the doctor (who I thought might delay it to see how I got on) who said "I'd better get a move on then!"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now