Talk

Advanced search

2cm and no pains?!

(5 Posts)
Colabottle10 Wed 27-Jul-16 18:49:34

37+1 today.

Was examined by MW yesterday (OMG how painful is that? No one warned me!) and she said I was 2cm and 'soft' and 'ripe'. Induction is booked for Tuesday but she thinks I'll go before then. Baby in the right place and 3/5ths

However, I don't quite know how I've got to 2cm with no pains?! I've got a lot of pressure down below and feel like I need a wee all the time. I think I've had a 'show' today (mucous tinged with brown blood).

Fingers crossed it appears before the induction!

planeymcplaneface Wed 27-Jul-16 18:56:16

I got to 7cm dilated before i got really bad pains. Until then it was like light period pains

Dixiechick17 Wed 27-Jul-16 23:06:56

With some people it is, when I had my sweep at 40 weeks I was 3cm and she could stretch to 4cm, when monitored at 37 weeks they picked up strong braxton hicks, if very strong they can apparently assist with dilation, I was 1cm at that point. I didn't experience early labour and my first two contractions when they did start were 2 1/2 mins apart, DD was born just over five hours later.

Crasterwaves Wed 27-Jul-16 23:10:30

Cola sounds like a strong chance you won't need the induction. Presume you are swimming, walking, bouncing on birthing ball and eating curry already?

Good luck! smile

Colabottle10 Thu 28-Jul-16 08:05:35

Last night my SPD was so painful. I couldn't turn over in bed and getting out of the damn ting to get to the loo took an age. I'm waddling like a penguin today. Lots of pressure down below but that seems to be about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now