Talk

Advanced search

Kingston and St Thomas obstetrician recommendations

(4 Posts)
spring81 Wed 27-Jul-16 12:20:31

Hi all,

Has anyone been recently to the private maternity unit of either Kingston or St Thomas hospitals and could recommend some of their doctors? It's early days for me but I'm looking at my options outside of standard NHS care just to make sure I'm well informed and all is covered.

Much appreciate any tips, thank you!

nicolasixx Fri 29-Jul-16 20:47:57

Kingston doesn't have a proper PMU last I looked. Friends had quite mixed experiences there under private care as they were in a general private ward postnatally. I decided not to go there as it was streets apart from Chelsea's offering where I had been before. I wonder why your choice is between these two hospitals- quite far apart? There are lots of threads on St Thomas's - with a choice of the two I would opt for there as it has proper dedicated PMU so long as it's not miles away!

mrsmonkey14 Tue 09-Aug-16 16:39:57

Delivered 2nd at Westminster suite at st Thomas recently, with Mr Mascarenhas. He is ace. Lmk if you want more details.

spring81 Wed 17-Aug-16 17:46:53

Thank you ladies

nicolasixx yes St Thomas is a bit far for me hence why I explored Kingston which is a lot closer to my home. Useful to know a little bit about the facilities, I will be speaking to them directly in more detail- when I inquired initially over the phone I was referred to Dr Anim's secretary.

I visited St Thomas few weeks ago (after I posted here) and I agree it looks pretty good, I am just not sure about the driving distance and getting into central London from where I live in South West suburbs.
I haven't looked into Chelsea yet bit it is not much closer, maybe 10 mins less for me than getting to St Thomas.

mrsmonkey14 great I will msg a little later

Many thanks both x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now