Talk

Advanced search

Mint tea after cs and breastfeeding

(7 Posts)
shabbychic1 Sun 10-Jul-16 22:02:03

Hi, I keep reading that it's good to take mint tea in with you to help trapped wind. Also read that it can reduce milk supply if you're breast feeding. What did you do please?

CountessOfStrathearn Sun 10-Jul-16 22:05:04

I had an emergency section so didn't have mint tea to hand and, to be honest, didn't need it. I don't remember (only 6 weeks ago) it being a problem at all.

LuckySantangelo1 Sun 10-Jul-16 22:06:25

It's mint oil capsules you want, to stop the referred pain from trapped wind. Mint tea won't cut it. I took one & had no problem breastfeeding.

Doublejeopardy Sun 10-Jul-16 22:07:19

I found it did stop milk production (was expressing so I could tell) I had to stop drinking it. HTH

notamummy10 Sun 10-Jul-16 22:09:56

Fennel tea is a great alternative to mint tea, helps with bloating and trapped wind, it also help with your milk supply! Both Twinings and Pukka sell it smile

shabbychic1 Mon 11-Jul-16 09:54:43

Thanks all! grin

CityMole Mon 11-Jul-16 12:29:44

Colpermin capsules for the trapped wind! They were a godsend (some other women on my ward were using Windeze which they said were amazing). You'll only need it for a few days and before your milk comes in, in most cases, so I wouldn't worry about milk production. I am successfully exclusively breastfeeding my ten week old baby and was knocking back colpermin like sweeties smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now