Talk

Advanced search

Hypnobirthing

(9 Posts)
Womenareliketeabags Mon 04-Jul-16 19:37:20

I'm 31 weeks now and have just got around to copying my friends hypno birthing CD that I have borrowed onto my iPhone. Basically is it too late to start now? Is it too early? Will it help?

Useful info and advise please

TIA

Sophia1984 Mon 04-Jul-16 19:40:09

Not too late at all :-) I probably started too early and got a bit bored by it, but 31 weeks sounds like a perfect time to start. Which CD do you have?

Womenareliketeabags Mon 04-Jul-16 19:43:22

Thank you Sophia I have Effective birth preparation (hospital or birth centre): self hypnosis by Maggie Howell. Which leads to another question I am currently considering a home birth would I be better off with another cd for home birth or will this one be as effective?

HappyHeart87 Mon 04-Jul-16 19:55:00

I'm a Maggie Howell fan. I am so glad we did Natal Hypnotherapy. We started very early which was lucky as DD was extremely prem!

I think you'll be able to adapt the techniques for a home birth.

Dixiechick17 Mon 04-Jul-16 19:55:36

I started it at 34 weeks and found it good for labour, I used the Maggie Howell natal hypnotherapy and the book. I only got half way through the book though, I found the relaxation and breathing techniques useful during, so am sure you can take things from it and adapt to a home birth.

HappyHeart87 Mon 04-Jul-16 19:56:24

Oh sorry and I think it's fine to start now - but be consistent in your practising so that your triggers etc are really firmly established by the time labour starts. Good luck!

TheresaMarie55 Mon 04-Jul-16 19:57:13

Never to late! I had my first ever hypno birthing experience whilst actually in labour lol! I'd always been sceptical of.it but when I went in labour my midwife asked if I minded using some techniques as she'd just passes a course. Why not I thought so went along. After an amazing water birth I am now 100% going for a water/hypno birthing experience again this time around and really doing my homework x

Sophia1984 Mon 04-Jul-16 22:26:36

Ooh I have Maggie Howells too - funnily enough I have the homebirth one but am planning to give birth in a birthing centre. I don't think there is much difference at all - there's just one sentence where she says something like 'the familiar sights of home make you feel relaxed', and otherwise it's the same script :-) I've found it really relaxing and helpful.

Womenareliketeabags Tue 05-Jul-16 07:35:06

Thanks everyone. I feel really excited to give this a go now smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now