3rd section

(11 Posts)
mojo1981 Fri 01-Jul-16 22:13:29

Currently pregnant with baby no 3 and will most likely have to have another section (other two were sections)
I'm freaking out about complications during the op and afterwards...

I googled... I know I shouldn't have....

Please give me post op 3rd section stories..... confused

Flouncy Fri 01-Jul-16 22:19:20

My first was an emergency and i was exhausted. My second was after several sweeps and i was very overdue. My third was planned at 39 wks. By far my best birth. It was so nice to have a date. To be able to prepare the other children, to meal plan, to have washing and ironing all done and for DH to be able to schedule the half day off work.

Avoid google, if you can. People dont tend to post stories about the smooth no hassle births. They're just not noteworthy - but they are in the majority.

mojo1981 Fri 01-Jul-16 22:46:05

Thanks.. My first was emergency and second elective....
Have u had any complications afterwards or anything? I don't know why I'm worrying as I've had two already but I think I'm more aware of "scar tissue " now and reading about there more chance of nicking your bowl etc...

I'm only 6 weeks... Need to get my head straight or its gonna be a long stressful pregnancy...

Flouncy Sat 02-Jul-16 07:29:53

I had no complications at all. It really was my easiest and smoothest.

It was so nice knowing the routine and being able to prepare for the other DC and to make arrangements for post Op support too.

Congratulations on no.3.

You are going to send yourself round the twist if you keep googling what can go wrong. Your hormones are going to be just getting going right now.

What about diverting your thoughts to reading up about latest prams, slings and baby names. Order evwry baby product catalogue going, register with all the shops to get your discounts.

I know someone who had a series of lavish parties for her no.3. She had a 12wk scan photo party, a sex reveal party - cut the cake to reveal a colour (I'd have love to have gone for a nice neutral yellow sponge), 3D scan video party.

Organising this sort of stuff would be far more fun than going down a path investigating possible bad things that can happen but no amount of investgation can change any oitcomes.

fruitpastille Sat 02-Jul-16 07:38:08

My surgeon said my scar was quite weak but I had no problems at all. Recovery maybe took a little longer? But all healed well. I was considering vba2c but baby was breech so that wasn't really an option.

Idontknowwhoiam Sat 02-Jul-16 07:42:16

I'm 6 weeks post op after my 3rd section.
If say healing wise it was somewhere between my 1st (emergency) and 2nd (elective)
I was driving at 2 weeks, hoovering at 4 and normal now at 6.
The surgery went well and considering I had my tubes tied too wasn't much longer than last time.
They tried to put in an epidural as well as the spinal just in case but gave up in the ens. It wasn't needed anyway.
Good luck!

RueDeWakening Sat 02-Jul-16 07:52:03

I've had 3 sections - elective, emergency, elective.

My 3rd was probably the best recovery, I was home within 36 hours. It took a little longer in theatre than the others due to adhesions and the surgeon having to take a little longer to sort out my insides, but only 10 mins or so.

I've had no complications at all.

Alwaysinahurrynow Sun 03-Jul-16 05:51:35

I'm having a third section in hopefully around 13 weeks time. My DH was terribly worried about it as they got in a consultant during my second as the scar tissue position was high in my second. Having had my consultant appointment and done a lot of reading and chatting to some 3 plus mummies, I'm not overly concerned. 3 sections does not particularly unusual as they know more about risks and are well prepared for them. I'm more intrigued to see how the post op experience is as both previous times I have been in labour (although neither for a significant period due to baby position).

GreenRut Sun 03-Jul-16 06:11:31

I had emergency, elective, elective and it was fine. It was a harder recovery on the third, took me longer to be up and walking but I'm not backwards in coming forward and any pain coming through I was insisting on more pain relief. Home after 2 nights. The only thing was the surgeon said if I were to have a fourth I would need a c-section and would need to deliver at 37 weeks as the lining of the womb was now stretched very thin. Of course, there will be no fourth grin

McBassyPants Sun 03-Jul-16 06:15:09

Am I being ignorant here, but I didn't think you could have a VBAC after 2 sections?

blackteaplease Sun 03-Jul-16 06:19:32

I have had 3 sections and the recovery was fine. No complications at all. As it was definitely my last I made sure to rest more than I had after the first two, just in case. Once DH went back to work my friends did the school runs for me for a week so that I didn't have to walk up to 4. 5miles a day straight away.

Can you book in some helpers for after paternity leave finishes to aid resting time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now