Early labour signs

(6 Posts)
photographerlady Wed 29-Jun-16 10:54:35

What kick off labour for you? What was the first signs that you were starting contractions?

fauxhito Wed 29-Jun-16 11:11:56

I was out walking and felt heavy and uneasy. Went home and sat down and BH started and wouldn't stop even when I lay down smile

winewolfhowls Wed 29-Jun-16 19:51:43

Waters went but no contractions for nearly 12 hours

wigelspigels Thu 30-Jun-16 22:08:16

With DS1 I was eating a rather large strawberry ice cream whole walking and window shopping when I got my first contraction. This was on a Friday but he wasn't born till the Monday. My waters only went 2 hours before he was born. 39+2

DS2 waters went at 3 am contractions started right after but slowed down during the afternoon, had a 3 hour nap and dinner, contractions became much heavier. He was born 19hrs after my waters went. 37+4

sambababy Sun 03-Jul-16 04:18:13

With DC1 contractions started in the morning, no prior warning signs. With DC2 I started bleeding in the evening. Not lots but bright red like a period. Checked with a doc who assured all was fine as it stopped after lying down. Contractions started a few hours later. Then stopped...then started...
2 nice long labours hmm

DowntonDiva Sun 03-Jul-16 09:46:21

My waters broke, contractions started 4 hours later.

Looking back the day before I was uncharacteristically exhausted and everything hurt - hands, ankles, wrists, back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now