formular milk

(9 Posts)
haylezu85 Tue 21-Jun-16 19:01:27

Any recommendations for formular milk I am currently using sma but baby is constipated ... I have been advised that they have added iron to the formular which isn't helping... I am thinking of trying aptamil ??

MazzleDazzle Tue 21-Jun-16 19:17:00

Apparently all formula is the same, but in my experience Aptimal poo is definitely looser.

pinguina16 Tue 21-Jun-16 20:17:34

Think like MazzleDazzle, all newborn formula the same. Highly regulated and banned from advertising to promote breastfeeding. That's why adverts only on follow-on milk.
Would go for cheaper brand. Same content.

leopardspice Tue 21-Jun-16 20:19:37

I heard a few local mums saying sma formua was affecting their children's digestives but I never noticed this myself, however if you feel it's not working for you dc then switch to an alternative buy like pp have said- check the ingredients they are pretty much the same!

Marshpillow Wed 22-Jun-16 12:56:27

Aptamil was better for my DD than SMA, poos were better and she was less windy.

haylezu85 Wed 22-Jun-16 14:15:54

Thank you for your replies I have changed to aptamil baby seems more settled today.

Timetogrowup2016 Wed 22-Jun-16 14:59:48

Cow and gate is great for dd. She poos twice a day and it's never hard and she doesn't have trouble.
Cheaper than aptamil to

minifingerz Sat 25-Jun-16 11:38:31

Cow and Gate and Aptamil are produced in the same factory by the same company and there is probably precious little to choose between them.

hopeful31yrs Sat 25-Jun-16 15:55:31

Second person here to recommend cow and gate - yes and they are the same as aptamil. Discovered this by standing in boots and comparing the contents and thinking the boxes were shaped exactly the same. Only difference in the contents is certain fatty acids in the aptamil and the price!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now