Talk

Advanced search

hypnobirthng for an elcs

(14 Posts)
PeppaPigStinks Mon 20-Jun-16 05:53:58

have hypno birthed twice before but this time for reasons out of my control it looks like I need a section.

I want to try and use my hypno birth technique and saw there are some for a section

Has anyone used either of these CDs? I can't work out which one is better!

I also posted this in pregnancy but haven't had much response!

PeppaPigStinks Mon 20-Jun-16 06:45:37

Oops I meant to say the Kathryn graves one or Maggie Howell!

ACubed Mon 20-Jun-16 20:42:33

Cor don't mean to be negative but not sure why you'd need it for an operation? My experience was being pretty out of it and floaty on all the painkillers anyway! But good luck with the birth xx

PeppaPigStinks Mon 20-Jun-16 21:29:28

Thank you!
It's my worst nightmare- I am needle and hospital phobic so it's going to take a lot of mind altering to even get me to the being out of it state! sad

Pythonesque Mon 20-Jun-16 21:48:05

I was also wondering from the title why you would need it. But if it is to help with needle phobia then yes, sounds like a good plan. Just discuss with the consultant - and anaesthetist too if you get a chance - how you might use it in the ELCS context.

Hope things go very very well for you.

PeppaPigStinks Mon 20-Jun-16 22:07:30

Ah I see - my op probably wasn't very clear... Both these places do a specific c section hypnobirthng cd!

Having done the Mongan method I am quite open to it - but obviously the Mongan CDs are not relevant (although I am out of it before I get to the actual rainbow bits!)

PeppaPigStinks Mon 20-Jun-16 22:09:19

The consultant is very aware of how anxious I am about the section and my notes have a big needle phobic label on!

I have to overcome my selfishness to not want it as this is likely to be best for the baby.

ACubed Tue 21-Jun-16 08:58:37

Oh I see, sorry I misunderstood! Sounds like a good idea, hope it's ok for you x

Alwaysinahurrynow Thu 30-Jun-16 16:02:33

I had the Maggie Howell ones for my VBAC (ended up with another EMCS). I really enjoyed the relaxation element in the run-up and will be buying the ELCS ones this time. I also played the cd of the music during labour and everyone commented on how lovely it was, so might take in the cd for my section this time or whilst I'm waiting to be called. Even now, I just find her voice instantly relaxing!

PeppaPigStinks Thu 30-Jun-16 19:34:02

Thank you
I ordered that one.
Is the music a separate cd? As there is only one track on the c section one.

I tried it last night. I was 'asleep' before the end of it but did find it a bit different as I am used to the Marie Mongan one, but I am 30 weeks so have enough time to practice!

Alwaysinahurrynow Sun 03-Jul-16 05:55:55

Yes it can be hard to find on her website, but with the new cds, it's in the labour companion, but for the older ones it's a separate one called 'relaxing birth music'. Tbh it does sound like the tracks you get in beauty salons, but very calming all the same.

blackteaplease Sun 03-Jul-16 06:01:03

I don't know how hypnobirthing works but for all 3 of my sections there has been music playing in the theatre. I am sure you can ask to have your own music on.

Good luck

underrugsswept Sun 03-Jul-16 06:02:28

I used KG and it was brilliant. I had a natural birth but you definitely can use it for an ELCS too - lots of people in my class did - the aim to is teach yourself to relax. I used the techniques when I went for a colonoscopy too!

underrugsswept Sun 03-Jul-16 07:48:00

I used KG and it was brilliant. I had a natural birth but you definitely can use it for an ELCS too - lots of people in my class did - the aim to is teach yourself to relax. I used the techniques when I went for a colonoscopy too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now