Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

elective section experiences

(7 Posts)
ladymelo Sun 19-Jun-16 16:12:36

I'm booked in for an elective section next week as baby is breech and ecv failed, I'm just wondering what experiences people had?

ffon Sun 19-Jun-16 21:01:57

Bumping for you.

luckiestgirl Sun 19-Jun-16 21:12:16

Smooth and brilliant. And I've only read about positive experiences as well. It seems overwhelmingly a calm experience.

quicklydecides Sun 19-Jun-16 21:15:05

Oh yes, it's a Wonderful way to give birth.
I've had three, and really enjoyed them.
Best of luck, enjoy meeting your baby.

ladymelo Mon 20-Jun-16 10:56:24

Thank you ffon

Just getting a bit scared sad

alwaysdancing Tue 21-Jun-16 07:40:47

Everything went smoothly with mine; not to worry you but I wouldn't say I enjoyed it! Just know that all the theatre staff are there to ensure the safety and comfort of you and your baby, so if you have any worries or are uncomfortable at any point, tell them and they'll sort it out.
Good luck smile

icedcherrytea Tue 21-Jun-16 10:42:55

Had my elective 2 weeks ago today and it went really smoothly and was calm and staff were professional and cheerful!

My twin girls were out within 10 minutes and then I was stitched back together but after hearing those first cries honestly it goes so quick and then your back in HDU awaiting transfer to postnatal.

The recovery has been tough but was worth it. Just keep thinking about your baby and don't let the fear in xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now