Talk

Advanced search

induction stories?

(10 Posts)
MagicDucky Sat 18-Jun-16 13:09:56

I've just been told I'll be getting induced tomorrow night, the midwife kept telling me it might not work (she said it so often I get the feeling she thinks it won't) and if that's the case will end up with a section. The thought of a section makes me feel really scared.

Please tell me that inductions usually work?

Melissaelx Sat 18-Jun-16 14:37:45

Mine did! I was 37 weeks induced for baby's Health reasons
Long labour but never resulted in a section
That's just me though x

Womble75 Sat 18-Jun-16 14:45:53

Mine did. Long labour but yes it did.

Womble75 Sat 18-Jun-16 14:46:24

Was 42 weeks by the way.

pinkieandperkie Sat 18-Jun-16 14:49:41

Hi, with my first baby I had a date to be induced but went into labour naturally the evening before. Second baby I was induced and it worked and baby arrived within four hours.

TheLadyWithTheYellowHat Sat 18-Jun-16 14:51:34

I was induced, after about 3 hours of contractions and no dilation ds became distressed and heart rate was getting dangerously low. I was then taken for a emcs its nothing to worry about, yes its scary at the time but if its the safest way for them to deliver your baby then I'd rather go through that. In my postnatal group (6 of us) four of us had cesareans and they are now all happy healthy 3 year old children. Please don't be scared x

Banana99 Sat 18-Jun-16 14:55:03

Mine did after about 15 hours - booooring day sitting in a little room/ walking around the hospital...
And then 18 more hours before DD arrived.

MyBreadIsEggy Sat 18-Jun-16 15:02:01

Mine worked....super super quick as inductions go!!
I was 38 weeks, waters broke at home, but labour didn't start - hence the induction.
Pessary went in (not going to lie, the most unpleasant experience of my life), and within 20/30 mins I was having contractions. Things slowed down a little, so a synto drip was started. Contractions went absolutely through the roof! I had about 30 seconds between them sad but gas and air made it manageable and very giggly so I'm told!
Midwife examined me at about 9:30am, and I was only 2cm dilated.
Carried on with the really thick and fast contractions, and then about 11:15am I told the midwife I felt that I needed to push. She fobbed me off and said there was no way I needed to push yet because I was only 2cm and hour ago hmm So I just pushed. She had a look, and there was my baby's head in view. I had dilated 2cm to 10cm in the space of about an hour and a half confused
Dd was born at precisely midday smile I only needed 5 internal stitches too!!

frikadela01 Mon 20-Jun-16 15:48:54

How did it go OP?

I've found out today I'm being induced next Monday at 38+6weeks for medical reasons and I'm crapping myself now.

MagicDucky Mon 20-Jun-16 15:58:58

I've had two pessaries and only lightly contracting, not very painful or regular. They are going to re-asses me tonight and possibly give me a third. Unless I've dilated enough to to give me a sweep or break my waters.

The actual induction part wasn't too bad, just quite uncomfortable. It's the waiting that's really getting to me!

Good luck frik!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now