walking after c section

(6 Posts)
haylezu85 Sat 18-Jun-16 11:02:11

I had my c section 10 days ago and I am feeling fine, I was wondering how far is recommended for walking each day... I'm off out today but don't want to push myself and set myself back!

LittleTalks Sat 18-Jun-16 15:02:34

I don't think there are any official recommendations, just listen to your body. I just gradually increased it every day, starting from day 5 and walking to the end of the street, then round the block, round the bigger block etc. Congrats on your new baby!

Fomalhaut Sat 18-Jun-16 18:02:06

Listen to your body and stop before you've had enough! The times I just did a bit too much I started bleeding heavily and felt crap the next day.

haylezu85 Sun 19-Jun-16 16:31:36

Thanks we were out for a couple of hours yesterday , slow walking and stopping regularly and felt fine. smile

PoshPenny Sun 19-Jun-16 16:35:25

You'll know if/when you've done too much -which isn't very helpful really- just increase it by a little every day. What you did sounds fine.

SanityAssassin Sun 19-Jun-16 22:11:11

If it feels ok then do it. I was back out running after 5 weeks - only you know how well you're healing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now