Talk

Advanced search

32 weeks braxton hicks or something more serious?

(3 Posts)
buttershy Fri 10-Jun-16 22:47:50

Hi ladies,

Just after your thoughts and experiences.

Quick bit of info should it help- I'm 32 and 1/2 weeks pregnant, first baby. I'm measuring 'perfect', I'm 5ft 2 and have gone from 8st 12 pounds to 10st, baby is head down.

I'm having what I think are braxton hicks contractions over the last three days, which coincides with a period of being more physically active and also emotionally stressed (cleaning house, decorating and hosting visitors). Their is nothing regular about them..they feel like tightenings akin to what your stomach does involuntarily when you vomit. I don't have them when I'm sat down, only when I'm moving about and have been on my feet for a while and they got much more noticeable when I was sweeping and mopping the floors. I've also noticed today that I have a weird feeling down there, kind of a pressure and as if she's poking me from inside, but no spotting or bleeding or anything. During the night I had very mild period like cramping, but that's gone off now. I've also noticed despite being cool today and not standing for long periods that my feet have been swollen and felt tight and strange like I can't scrunch my toes up, but my blood pressure was perfect on Tuesday.

Do I have anything to worry about? Is this all normal? And if i continue to have braxton hicks whenever I'm active over the next 6-8wks is that a problem?

Quodlibet Fri 10-Jun-16 23:20:35

I don't think it's anything to worry about unless they get regular and painful. I have had a similar experience since around the same time in pregnancy - mine is also triggered by activity/walking.

Always worth checking with your midwife if you are really worried and definitely if they become regular or painful.

buttershy Sat 11-Jun-16 22:09:13

Thank you for the reassurance smile X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now