Talk

Advanced search

Induction at term

(2 Posts)
Laptopontable Fri 10-Jun-16 08:48:08

I have a consultant appt next week to discuss a care plan due to a previous shoulder dystocia. I saw him at 20 weeks and he said it was fine for me to go 10 days over term as research suggests that the size of baby has nothing to do with shoulder dystocia so it shouldn't happen again. I kinda agreed with this at the time but 10 weeks Down the line I am feeling very anxious. I don't want to go overdue at all. I didn't with my second pregnancy, I was induced early and had a lovely 3 1/2 hour labour and straight forward birth.
Do you think he will agree to induce again at/around term? As an added stress my father is very ill in hospital and my MIL lives abroad. She is coming for two weeks but obviously has to book flights fairly soon. If I don't give birth within that timeframe of her being here then I'd face the prospect of giving birth alone as DH would have to look after our other DC. Do you think they would take that into consideration?

Mummyme87 Sat 11-Jun-16 19:48:04

It may be taken into consideration, but just bare in mind the risks of induction including increased risk of shoulder dtstocia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now