Talk

Advanced search

after baby contraceptive

(7 Posts)
flowerpower10 Wed 08-Jun-16 09:57:56

I took pill for 5years before trying to get pregnant and it took 8 years to get pregnant I just not sure what contraceptive to use as I get a reaction to condoms and I don't want another baby for a long time if ever but I don't think that it's fair to ask my hubby to have the snip in case I changed my mind in 5years and I know he would like a second eventually
I want to enjoy baby and recover well and be physically and emotionally in a good place I want to go back on my anti depressants after baby is born I hate the idea of implants what is your best form of contraception pill when you have PTSD

OP’s posts: |
KatyN Wed 08-Jun-16 13:26:45

Copper coil???

itneverrainsitpours Wed 08-Jun-16 13:53:06

I've got the mirena coil. It lasts for 5 years but you can have it removed sooner if needed. Had it for 6 months now and no problems smile

Buttwing Wed 08-Jun-16 14:05:26

I had the copper coil fitted after dc4. It's been in about a year now and I love it. No hormones in it so no mood swings, a bit fiddly to get in but no more uncomfortable than a smear. Down sides-I did spot for the first month but after my first period with it in that stopped. At first periods where heavier but that settled after a couple of months. I don't even think about it now and it can stay for 10 years.

Junosmum Wed 08-Jun-16 20:05:09

I went on cerezette 3 weeks after birth. I'd been on it pre-pregnancy for several years and had got pregnant straight after coming off it so knew it was ok for me.

imacanadianmum Fri 10-Jun-16 17:23:01

If you have ever tried any pill and have had a bad reaction I would be very careful about trying the Mirena. I rate it as being one of the worst decisions I ever made. I had friends who said it was great and let's just say when it was removed after 7 months I looked like I'd lost 10 to 15 lbs the day afterward. And I was much less emotional.

SpecialStains Sun 12-Jun-16 10:52:08

I know you said you're not convinced by the implant, but I loved my implant. Had two in over 6 years, before having it removed to TTC. Really handy, and stopped all my periods, the scar left behind is tiny and wasn't painful to have inserted or removed (just a little uncomfortable). I conceived a month after removal. I'll have another inserted after pregnancy, as it's safe for use when breastfeeding.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in