Advanced search

issues after birth

(9 Posts)
singlemum89 Sat 04-Jun-16 21:59:10

Quiet grafic but here goes! After my 9ib 7 baby I was told that I didn't need stitches, a few weeks later my midwife checked me and was shocked that I hadn't been given stitches and in fact had a severe tear. I now am suffering with a prolapse and very little sensation during sex as it just feels as have nothing left! ( sorry for the detail) I have been to the doctors this week who said this is normal? And only after i insisted said she Would contact the gynecologist that can take 3 months for an appointment.
I would just like to know if this IS normal, if anyone else has had treatment for this? I feel like I've been left with fairly rubbish issues but the doctors are unwilling to help!

Any advise would be great!

Wheredidsummergo112 Sun 05-Jun-16 12:18:58

How long ago was your baby born?

Runningupthathill82 Sun 05-Jun-16 12:20:51

Are you me?! Can't help I'm afraid, but am in the same boat. Currently waiting for gynae appointment. It's really shit, eh.

singlemum89 Sun 05-Jun-16 17:09:28

he's 8 months old now and after doing my pelvic floor excersizes religiously I can't move forward without medical help! I'm just hoping the gynecologist will help!

pinguina16 Sun 05-Jun-16 20:08:32

Have you seen a women's health physiotherapist?
Did you have incontinence problems following birth? Urinary and/or faecal? Or had problems passing urine?

singlemum89 Sun 05-Jun-16 21:34:41

No problems with going to the loo at all, i knew somthibg was wrong but ignored it, went to the doctors for advise but she seemed to think I should just leave it. How would I get in touch with a woman's heath physio? Thanks a lot! xx

pinguina16 Sun 05-Jun-16 22:02:31

Glad to hear this.
Straight after birth, midwives can refer you. In your case, GP is who you need. Check your GPs specialisms. It's better to go and see one specialised in women's health.
Gynae might be better but physiotherapists normally have a good overview of all problems down below. Also ask the GP if there is a perineal clinic near you (instead of individual gynae and physio) because these normally group different professionals (midwives, women's health physios, urogynaecologists and sometimes team work with a colorectal department) so they have an overall view of your issues.

From my experience if you sustain a severe tear, you should have a follow-up rectal scan 3/4 months after birth. If there's a suspected unrepaired tear, a rectal scan would be all the more important (as this can have consequences for future deliveries). I wonder why the midwife didn't act on what she saw. Did she refer you anywhere?
The lack of incontinence issues in your case is reassuring I think but it's better to have a thorough assessment.

Junosmum Mon 06-Jun-16 15:54:42

Not normal. You may need a small surgical procedure- you'll feel like a new woman. I recently saw the gynae. It was such a weight off my shoulders. She agreed I wasn't normal, that I shouldn't be this way AND it could be fixed!!! I could have kissed her. She referred me to the womans health physio, as well as other things. Just awaiting a physio appointment.

singlemum89 Mon 06-Jun-16 19:30:08

Thankyou so much for your help! Fingers crossed they will help! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now