Talk

Advanced search

spinal for c section

(12 Posts)
haylezu85 Sat 04-Jun-16 21:07:45

Hi
I'm due to have my c section next Wednesday ... Feeling quite relaxed apart from what I've been told About the Spinal... That you feel breathless ?

Yankeetarts Sat 04-Jun-16 21:12:20

I've had a spinal not for c section though,I didn't feel breathless

Ringadingdingdong22 Sat 04-Jun-16 21:12:26

I had a spinal with DC2, I don't remember feeling breathless, but I was bent over for what seemed like ages and it got uncomfortable. The main thing for me was feeling sick and shakey. They will increase the anti sickness meds if that happens. I was also a bit queasy/pukey for a while after. Pros and cons with everything though.

MaelstromOfLunacy Sat 04-Jun-16 21:13:11

No breathlessness here either, just a bit queasy and shaky

Ringadingdingdong22 Sat 04-Jun-16 21:13:37

I should clarify - It was the bending over whilst they put the spinal in.

Yankeetarts Sat 04-Jun-16 21:14:46

I was very shakey,I couldn't really hold my baby because I didn't feel safe

Lineupeverybody Sat 04-Jun-16 21:18:08

I did feel quite breathless but I had twins so was huge and I felt breathless for the last few weeks of pregnancy anyway. also sicky and I couldn't stop shaking for ages afterwards. Let them know if you feel sick they can give you anti-sickness meds.

Nuumah Sat 04-Jun-16 21:20:46

I felt breathless with mine. Not everybody does though. It's the same as anything really, side effects can vary from person to person.

Mermaid36 Sat 04-Jun-16 21:23:13

I didn't feel breathless during mine, just very warm...

I was numb right up to my armpits, as it was a twin c-section. I wonder if people have experienced breathlessness because the numbness goes up to their lungs?

MissRainbowBrite Sat 04-Jun-16 21:25:59

I had a spinal when DD had to be hooked out with forceps. I didn't feel any breathlessness but was very shaky, so shaky that I couldn't hold DD for a while as I was worried I'd shake her off the bed. DH held her for a good 20 mins or so while I was stitched up then it subsided enough for me to hold her when I was wheeled back to the ward.

MissRainbowBrite Sat 04-Jun-16 21:26:29

*hoiked not hooked.

welshweasel Sat 04-Jun-16 21:30:01

I didn't feel the spinal going in, first I knew was my legs feeling warm. I did feel and bit sick but they can sort that v quickly. I had quite a high block so felt a bit breathless but that means you don't feel any of what the are doing and you can still breathe it just feels like it's a bit harder than usual. I can't really describe it but it wasn't unpleasant.

My section was an amazing experience, completely positive in every way and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now