tell me about your music playlist for labour

(5 Posts)
sambababy Wed 01-Jun-16 21:08:33

I've been thinking about doing a playlist to listen to during labour. I did it for my first birth but then didn't use it. It was stuff like Birdy, Jamie Cullum, really laid back pretty slow stuff, and a bit of classical. Then today in the car that 'oooh baby I love your way' reggae song came on and I thought, maybe I'm missing a trick here. Should I be choosing this kind of music that makes me want to tap my feet and lifts the spirits instead of chilled/emotional music? Maybe I'll do 2 playlists and see which I feel like at the time.

So tell me some songs that made your list. Did you go for chilled, pop, classical, head-banging....?

suspiciousofgoldfish Wed 01-Jun-16 21:52:12

I've got my favourite eighties toe tappers, some early nineties hip hop and a few soul classics. Basically everything I played at our wedding reception.

I debated having relaxing music, but after the horrors of last time I would rather my birth took place with 'Put on my boogie shoes' by KC and the Sunshine Band on in the background.

Ashhead24 Wed 01-Jun-16 21:57:08

Went for a bit of everything on mine, classical, country, rock, big band etc. thought I could skip to what I felt like. Of course I listened to none of it, too busy focusing on getting through it and would have been too irritated to have anything else going on.

sambababy Wed 01-Jun-16 22:01:48

I think you've got the right idea suspicious! I'm thinking this time that labour is intense enough without adding to the mood with intense music. I might also look up my old wedding playlist! My only worry is then hearing a favourite song at a later date and being reminded of crowning or something confused

sambababy Wed 01-Jun-16 22:03:29

That's what happened to me last time Ashhead. I normally love music but I just didn't want the distraction when it came down to it. Still I'll go again prepared just in case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now